BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

03/2/2021 4:56 PM  #1

Good for them

So the National League have given clubs a range of options to vote for including carrying on or null and voiding the season, with a further option of each division voting separately. Staggeringly it’s going to take 28 days to count these votes from 66 clubs by which time clubs may have played a further 4-6 games which could all prove irrelevant if the season is voided. Perhaps the board should employ some ape creatures from the Amazon Forest who have probably mastered a faster method of counting. Given the above absurdity Bradford Park Avenue have told the board where to stick their count.

03/2/2021 10:06 PM  #2

Re: Good for them

Charlie Bird wrote:

So the National League have given clubs a range of options to vote for including carrying on or null and voiding the season, with a further option of each division voting separately. Staggeringly it’s going to take 28 days to count these votes from 66 clubs by which time clubs may have played a further 4-6 games which could all prove irrelevant if the season is voided. Perhaps the board should employ some ape creatures from the Amazon Forest who have probably mastered a faster method of counting. Given the above absurdity Bradford Park Avenue have told the board where to stick their count.

I don’t think it takes 28 days to count the votes, think it’s league rules that 28 days are required to vote on resolutions.
This is going to be interesting, those clubs with loads money being bank rolled and higher up in the league are clearly going to vote for the season to continue with loans. As they won’t need them. But the rest of the clubs voting against.
Surely they can’t force clubs like ours to take loans and finish the season...can they?

03/2/2021 11:17 PM  #3

Crazy situation for all, Hemel and Concord players have agreed to play on whilst taking pay cuts, that is very refreshing but is it something our players will do I wonder.  Will we be travelling to Dorking on Saturday?

04/2/2021 9:59 AM  #4

See statement on club website re playing this weekend

04/2/2021 10:55 AM  #5

Its the right decision - clubs already in debt cannot take on loans. Either there are grants made available or we have to wait until fans can return in a new season if we still want to watch non-league football

04/2/2021 11:10 AM  #6

I've just read that statement, and clearly the Chairman and his Board of Directors have taken their time and advice, as well as probably talking to other Clubs before making this decision . Hopefully other Clubs in our League will take the same stance. With no income from games, what else could the Club do ?

04/2/2021 12:49 PM  #7

100% the right decision by our Board.

04/2/2021 12:55 PM  #8

We are in a pandemic the National League need to recognise this. I am all for democracy giving clubs long enough to mull over their decision or for fan owned clubs to consult their members but surely a week would be long enough for responses to be in. Otherwise we could see enough clubs voting to void the season within a week but clubs forced to play on for another three because of League rules - that would be barmy. Well done to our board for their stance.

04/2/2021 4:38 PM  #9

How are the clubs that are going to continue playing able to afford it ? 

04/2/2021 8:12 PM  #10

Totally agree with the stance taken by our club. All in all I think the only sensible decision that the League can take (with no grants available) is to null and void the season. Roll on August.............

Board footera