BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

27/1/2021 4:44 PM  #1

Clubs below Step 2 offered grants

Interesting article on the BBC site: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55826509

Clubs at Step 3 or below have been offered grants totalling £10m. Further grants, rather loans, might be made available to clubs in the NLS if they can prove that their future is at risk.

27/1/2021 5:49 PM  #2

Re: Clubs below Step 2 offered grants

29/1/2021 8:33 AM  #3

And meanwhile Bath, who’s manager has been bleating on about Covid in his camp, cancelling games because of it and stating the season should end, are to drive across the country on Saturday to play a friendly with Dorking!! You couldn’t  make it up.

Last edited by Wellard (29/1/2021 9:33 PM)

29/1/2021 10:04 AM  #4

Neil's signature is on the most recent joint north/south statement, the message being "Without adequate and fair funding towards COVID testing and to offset against the loss of income, we are unable to uphold the integrity of the football pyramid".

Very hard to disagree.

Full statement: https://www.herefordfc.co.uk/statement-from-national-league-north-and-south-clubs/

30/1/2021 12:11 PM  #5

Wellard wrote:

And meanwhile Bath, who’s manager has been bleating on about Covid in his camp, cancelling games because of it and stating the season should end, are to drive across the country on Saturday to play a friendly with Dorking!! You couldn’t make it up.

Taken from the interview with Bath City's manager when he was asked if the club could have saved money by playing more locally.:

I rang around a few local clubs like Gloucester and Chippenham and some in the midlands like Kidderminster, but they weren’t willing to play games for different reasons.

Thank goodness for that!

30/1/2021 3:18 PM  #6

Wellard wrote:

And meanwhile Bath, who’s manager has been bleating on about Covid in his camp, cancelling games because of it and stating the season should end, are to drive across the country on Saturday to play a friendly with Dorking!! You couldn’t make it up.

So, this is an essential journey? I would have thought there would be grounds for the organisers to be fined.

30/1/2021 4:50 PM  #7

If you are missing your non league fix the stream is free half time Dorking 3 3 Bath City. Bath’s new striker Alex Fletcher looks useful.

30/1/2021 11:10 PM  #8

A lot of clubs appear to be playing friendlies, I presume they imagine the season is going to continue and want to be ready for resumption of the season and if that’s the case hopefully we will be ready come that that time. 

01/2/2021 8:41 AM  #9

The Squad were training at HP on Saturday morning. I would have thought that the Chairman would have wanted to keep the pitch in tip top condition, with the possibility of the season continuing - the bottom goal area looked pretty chewed up.

01/2/2021 11:38 AM  #10

Yes noticed that on my daily, pitch did look cut up. Also noticed on social media that only three clubs in NLS want season to end, and we are confirmed as one alongside Slough and Concord.  Conference decision being made today I think. 

Board footera