BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

08/12/2020 8:15 PM  #1

Welling Away

Are away fans allowed at this fixture? Welling selling tickets now

08/12/2020 10:59 PM  #2

Re: Welling Away

I don't think they are

08/12/2020 11:28 PM  #3

I can see no measures on their site preventing me purchasing one.

Last edited by Wellard (08/12/2020 11:28 PM)

09/12/2020 2:05 PM  #4

Well contact them to check, but I know Hungerford said away fans couldn't get tickets for their game Saturday and there hasn't been any in 'elite' games higher up (or FA Cup)

Perhaps if you don't live in Chippenham you might be alright

10/12/2020 3:30 PM  #5

11/12/2020 11:24 AM  #6

Just to offer a little clarity here. From the standpoint of the clubs, they don't have to repeat anything that has been stated in a guideline however, they should. So for the benefit of those who didn't see the original post from the National League regarding the return of supporters. It is supposed to be "No Away Supporters" However, if (Like Wellard) you read between the lines, the clubs aren't exactly going to be promoting that as to them, it doesn't matter who you support as long as you are a paying customer and adhere to the social distancing regulations of the ground. How most people will do this is via E-Ticketing, if they really wanted to stop away supporters they could be simply not allowing anyone from outside the region to apply for a ticket with their billing address on the bank card being used to pay for the ticket. The fact this hasn't been done speaks volumes. No club is ever going to spell this out for you but I'm not a club so the takeaway is this. "You aren't supposed to be going to away games, but if the tickets are on general sale and you purchase one, there is nothing stopping you from going to away games. The clubs however, do retain the ability to question or indeed turf you out so you will get the odd pedantic jobsworth that will see you celebrating a Chippenham goal and through bitterness could cause you an issue, so be careful" 

11/12/2020 4:41 PM  #7

The "No away fans" directive is in place for very good reasons that we all know about. Tempting though it may be to go to an away game at the moment I think it's morally wrong to do so. If the Bath game goes ahead with fans it will be interesting to see how exactly that works in terms of capacity, tickets etc.

Board footera