BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

01/12/2020 1:34 PM  #1

Hampton & Richmond

This is going to be for my money our toughest game this season. A proper little bogey side for us since we touched down in the league, they always just seem to get the result on us with them coming out on top in 3 of our 5 clashes in the NLS and with us picking up only a solitary victory and a thrilling draw accounting for the other two games. 

Hampton have started brightly again this year sitting 6th in the league and with a fairly prosperous FA Cup run finally coming to it's conclusion in a 3-2 defeat against Oldham Athletic. They are surely going to head into this game the favourites on paper. 

However, Chippenham have their own case for this one. Undefeated in 3 games with a win against Chelmsford sandwiched between 1-1 all draws against Oxford and Concord the latter being down Will Puddy due to an early sending off. The mood is going to be high in the camp at the moment and with Hampton coming to us, I am quietly confident that the home comforts will see the Bluebirds prevail in this one. I am going for 2-1 with goals from Ash and a cheeky header from birthday boy and captain Kieran Parselle. 

COYMB!!! 

01/12/2020 3:40 PM  #2

Re: Hampton & Richmond

Thanks for the preview Voice, I will also go for a home win and the three points, with the ex Bath City boys coming good with our goals, we are due a clean sheet and I back Puddy to redeem himself prior to his enforced break from the action. 

01/12/2020 8:46 PM  #3

Live commentary can be found via Hampton social media.

01/12/2020 8:49 PM  #4

Very good it is too Frank!

01/12/2020 8:54 PM  #5

Yes it is very good coverage.
Once again the away club provides better coverage of our home fixtures

01/12/2020 9:19 PM  #6

Agree on both Frank, again we are found wanting off the pitch. Not moaning just stating facts. 

01/12/2020 10:38 PM  #7

Reginald74 wrote:

Agree on both Frank, again we are found wanting off the pitch. Not moaning just stating facts. 

Also found wanting on the pitch: losing 3-0 after 88 minutes. 🤦‍♂️

Last edited by Yorkie (01/12/2020 10:58 PM)

01/12/2020 11:06 PM  #8

Shame but was always going to be a tough ask. Would have been good to get some points on the board, when others are struggling to even get games on. Might be to our advantage later in the season when they cramming fixtures in.

01/12/2020 11:32 PM  #9

Shame maybe but it's a poor result, 3 nil at home not good. All tough games as we know by now. Goals for and against a real problem, with the experience we have certainly expected better. Looks as though the Hungerford bubble is being slowly let down.

02/12/2020 8:07 AM  #10

Reginald74 wrote:

Shame maybe but it's a poor result, 3 nil at home not good. All tough games as we know by now. Goals for and against a real problem, with the experience we have certainly expected better. Looks as though the Hungerford bubble is being slowly let down.

Agreed, we don’t appear on paper (obviously I’ve not seen a game) to have improved on last seasons squad. Ship too many goals. I see Hamilton as a direct replacement for McDonald, with young loans plugging the gaps. We have for many seasons needed some height at the back and some strength in the middle.    Russe and Gunner often come up short when playing against experienced robust men.
But we are where we are because of budget.

Last edited by Wellard (02/12/2020 8:34 AM)

Board footera