BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

17/11/2020 9:48 PM  #1

Oxford City

Well that’s the first half in the bin and sadly it’s looks like a continuation of Saturdays second half performance more than a response.

Very unimaginative football at the moment and the inaccurate ball down the channel is not something that I relish seeing for another 45 minutes, quite fortunate to still be in the game and not for defensive blocks and good goalkeeping we wouldn’t be.

Fingers crossed Mike can get in their ear this half and we see a bit more of Chippenham in an attacking sense. Huge chance for Stearn going begging somehow picking out the car park from 6 yards. Ash cutting a very isolated figure up top, far more effective playing a little deeper with a striker to play off. Zebroski and Mann could be options here. A little bit more from us in the second half and hopefully we can take something from the game. I’d take a point if offered now... COME ON CHIPPENHAM!!!

17/11/2020 10:12 PM  #2

Re: Oxford City

1 down after 30 minutes.

17/11/2020 10:38 PM  #3

Now 1-1 after 73 minutes. 

17/11/2020 10:48 PM  #4

Think we will be happy with a point. What a great stream offered by Oxford quite happy to pay £6.99 for that, really fair commentary and pretty much instant replays certainly the best stream I have seen this season.

17/11/2020 10:51 PM  #5

Good result away from home.

17/11/2020 10:58 PM  #6

Needed that after 4 straight losses, happy with that after a very poor 1st half. Agree streaming very good, as was Puddy thankfully.

17/11/2020 11:19 PM  #7

Goud result away from home, we would have taken that before the game.
Strange old table with last years whipping boys, Hungerford and St Albans flying high and our friends down the A4 not only struggling to get points But even stage a game.
Even more strange is Luke  Hopper has scored 3 for Hungerford 🤣

18/11/2020 12:51 AM  #8

Like Saturday, a real game of two halves and luckily for Chippenham, it did get better in the second.

Some moments of encouragement in the second half not just the goal of course which was superbly taken by called for substitute Adam Mann, but the introduction of Danny Greenslade at left back was well awaited and received by the faithful. There was one moment in particular where a cross field ding went about 60 yards and landed straight on the foot of the right winger. His pace looks good, his intensity looks good and should really kick on and make that left side his own moving forward.

I thought the defence was excellent tonight, particularly our skipper who once again is proving what a top talent he is at this level, throwing his body in front of anything that looks dangerous like a soldier on a live grenade! Never losing a ball in the air and getting much better with his distribution week on week. I’ve said it before, I’ll say it again. Kieran Parselle, is some player! Puddy, magnificent and kept us in the game at times with some important stops and Spence of course who is growing back into the side after a little layoff.

Oxford as a team were dangerous on the counter as you’d expect them to be with the pace in their team and being on home soil but I saw nothing of them to suggest they will be playoff bothering come the end of the season and look forward to the return fixture as I feel we will best them at home.

Now it’s time to kick on. Mike has stressed the importance of every game in this division as anyone can turn you over and vice verse, everyone’s beatable. Now is hopefully our chance to build a little run. Hungerford have shown what can be achieved by turning every game into a cup final, that underdog mentality coupled with fight and grit will make any side hard to beat. Eventually class will out and I don’t expect Hungerford to stay the course, but did anyone expect Leicester to win the Premier League? We need to match effort levels with every team now and I’m certain this group of lads can rise to that call and with the quality we have, Jackson to come back in, Brunt to come back in. We should be more than capable of getting ourselves into the mix.

All in all, a good point, a good night and a good platform to build for the rest of a long and strange season! Come on you Bluebirds..

Last edited by TheVoice (18/11/2020 12:53 AM)

18/11/2020 4:52 PM  #9

Thankyou for the honest assessment Voice,Chairman looks as though he he is bringing out his wallet again according to Mike to cover Brunt,Zebs days look numbered. Chelmsford have a shocking home record this season so 3 pts please.

Board footera