BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

24/10/2020 2:44 PM  #1

Chippenham vs Concord (FA Cup)

So, here we go then guys and girls. It's that time of year again where we stand on the verge of the FA Cup 1st Round Proper. Standing between us and that fabled prize, Concord Rangers who themselves are looking to progress to the 1st Round Proper after last seasons disappointing loss at home to National League, Dover Athletic. 

Chippenham come into the game in fine form, winning 4 games on the bounce since that now infamous defeat away at Hungerford, albeit two of those games coming via penalty shootout victories in the FA Cup against Poole and Ebbsfleet respectively. 

Concord come into the game in a rather similar situation with two games in the league ending in a draw with St Albans and their own disappointing defeat to Hungerford however, like Chippenham are immaculate in the FA Cup with victories over Potters Bar Town and a team Chippenham fans will be all too familiar with in Whyteleafe from our own cup exploits last season. Both games finished 2-1 to the Beachboys. 

Our most recent game against Dulwich has proven I think that we are able to compete against anyone at this level. A big, physical side that in recent years have seemed to have our number (our win on Saturday was actually our first over Dulwich). A dominating performance from Town with goals from Zebroski and Ash very unlucky not to be added too.  

Team news is as follows, Chippenham have made two changes from the win at Dulwich last weekend with Zebroski coming in for what is to be presumed a slightly unfit Ryan Brunt, he hasn't been named in the squad so this is mostly assumption. However, one man that is definitely missing out is Callum Gunner, Callum is suspended following a dubious red card against Fleet in the last round and Joe Hanks comes back into the side in his stead today. 

1. Will Puddy 
2. Eddie Jones 
3. Noah Smerdon 
4. Jordan Dyer 
5. Kieran Parselle
6. Luke Russe
7. Adam Mann 
8. Joe Hanks
9. Chris Zebroski 
10. Brad Ash
11. Ross Stearn 

Subs 

Spencer Hamilton 
Kieran Phillips
Alex Bray 
Ryan Case
Ben Hughes 

Please remember, should you wish to watch the action live from the Aspect Arena. Concord Rangers are streaming the match live on bit.ly/35nJm4W

This will cost £5 per ticket and available on any streaming device. Please also remember to follow our Twitter account on @ChipTownFC for updates as they happen from our media team. 

COME ON CHIPPENHAM!! 

24/10/2020 3:53 PM  #2

Re: Chippenham vs Concord (FA Cup)

Half Time Update 

Concord Rangers 1-0 Chippenham Town FC 

A goal coming completely against the run of play as I have seen it. Chippenham have looked dominant without ever looking dangerous with a couple of half chances for Mann and Stearn being the only standout chances of note. The goal came from a Chippenham corner, the ball was put in by Mann, a scramble ensued and looked likelier that Chippenham would bundle the ball over the line, alas the ball broke down the right hand side and was brought forward and finished off with class as Noah Smerdon caught himself in two minds the ball was played by Pollock and slotted across the face of goal by Reynolds to the gracious Babolola at the back post to round off a sweeping counter attacking move. 

Chippenham have been much the better side as they will seek to respond nice and early in the second half and get back on course for the 1st Round! Come on you Bluebirds!!

24/10/2020 5:03 PM  #3

Full Time

Concord 2-1 Chippenham.

Last kick of the game to win it.

Can’t really go into massive detail right now, got to clear the bias and upset mindset but safe to say from my perspective, definitely the better side, didn’t deserve to lose just didn’t do enough at the other end to win it.

Hard luck Chippenham, on to Dartford in the league and another very tough fixture

24/10/2020 5:18 PM  #4

2 goals on the counter win it for them, can't remember Puddy having to do much at all. Disappointing as the better side is out, but that's cup football some times, it can be so cruel.

Interesting that they had about 20 behind the goal too - when so many are pushing so hard to get fans back in, it's sad to see a club so clearly flouting the rules... unless of course they're all "covid officers"

Last edited by 96chipp (24/10/2020 5:19 PM)

24/10/2020 5:33 PM  #5

Ok I’m ready,

So sadly in the search for a repeat of 2019/20 we found 2018/19 with an absolute robbery by Concord Rangers.

The some 20 people behind the goal could well be volunteers/ball boys/Covid officers, all I would say to that is they simply can’t be very clever ones as swarming their players and the players reciprocating should in theory bring a little trouble their way. I don’t wanna talk too much about that, it looks bitter and let’s be honest, it’s those moments that we love and hate the game for, sad to see it go against us but I would have arguably been as elated if I had watched my team be inferior for 100 minutes and still somehow make the 1st Round proper.

Devastated at the moment mainly for the lads who don’t deserve to be eliminated but also for the directors and in particular Neil who could have used to extra nuggets that come with the victory in this competition.

Silver lining is it’s not as much money as usual, and the glamorous tie is not so glamorous without supporters. Yes, a chance of big BEEB money but with almost every game being streamed at the moment anyway and unable to attend a big fixture should it have arrived it’s a little bittersweet.

Ah well, like I said earlier into Dartford, the league is a chance to heal some wounds and a really big test for our lads against a fancied Dartford side..

Last edited by TheVoice (24/10/2020 5:38 PM)

24/10/2020 6:21 PM  #6

Agree Voice, it’s only about winning in truth, the performance can’t really hide the huge disappointment the board and players must feeling right now. I remember our trip home from Maidenhead when we deserved so much more on the night. Team of the round must be Hayes and Yeading winning at Wealdstone, mind you I’m sure the Stones have bigger incentives going forward. 

24/10/2020 7:14 PM  #7

Team of the round has to be Cray Valley beating out old friends Maidenhead in their own back yard.

24/10/2020 8:22 PM  #8

Gutted.

But hey, concentrate on the league etc... In a way it would have been bittersweet had we drew a big game again and none of us could have gone.

24/10/2020 11:13 PM  #9

Rather been in it than out of it, TV, finance and spotlight. 

26/10/2020 9:30 AM  #10

Better team... unlucky... Reg is right, in the current circumstances this is a big loss

I wasn't there obviously (funny how so many from both sets of fans can be) but we need to find a way to win when we are dominating. Previous 2 round games needed penalties and here we lose in the 98th minute. That's really not good enough is it?

Board footera