BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?



06/10/2020 7:18 AM  #1


Streaming

Morning all hope everyone is safe and well and I'm sure we are all missing live football although some seem to be getting in to watch I see from the highlights!

Are there any plans for us to stream home games? Hungerford have managed to do it for tonight's game and I assume all of their home games, and I had a mail from Oxford City yesterday advertising their live streams for all home games, wondered if we are planning to do the same?

 

24/10/2020 10:45 AM  #2


Re: Streaming

nickgolledge wrote:

Morning all hope everyone is safe and well and I'm sure we are all missing live football although some seem to be getting in to watch I see from the highlights!

Are there any plans for us to stream home games? Hungerford have managed to do it for tonight's game and I assume all of their home games, and I had a mail from Oxford City yesterday advertising their live streams for all home games, wondered if we are planning to do the same?

Is there any news on this, please - Ebbsfleet are due to play at your ground in 3 weeks and Chippenham are now the only team in NLS who are not offering live streaming (unless I have missed something).

Thanks.

Last edited by Alanweufc (24/10/2020 10:46 AM)

 

24/10/2020 7:53 PM  #3


Re: Streaming

Did anybody else have trouble with today’s stream. Watched the first half perfectly but didn’t see the second half at all. Buffering the whole time, tried refreshing and rebooting several time time but nothing

 

24/10/2020 11:19 PM  #4


Re: Streaming

Hi Nick, as discussed previously we are a long way behind most, off the pitch, marketing, social media etc.
 

 

25/10/2020 12:40 AM  #5


Re: Streaming

I think I had a couple of minor issues with the stream today but nothing like the Hungerford game, I think it dropped twice maybe in the whole game and I watched all of the second half so maybe I was the lucky bugger, maybe not depending on how you view it.

As for us being behind, whilst I completely agree that other clubs are ahead of us for things such as marketing and social presence, our current social team do a bloody good job for a group of young volunteers who are trying to add feathers to the cap more and more. They could always use input and constructive advice and believe me they listen. But on here will never get the desired affect as for all purposes most people on here are anonymous and that’s fine, but to really impact it, we need to come out from anonymity and help drive it, either by advice or involvement.

Club was dealt a rough hand with marketing as the club were teeing up for a Commercial team and Commercial Director before the Covid lark hit and the plans have been somewhat derailed due to it being incredibly difficult to speak with supporters or volunteers in our biggest marketing space, the ground. Rest assured this won’t be forever, this pandemic can only last so long and when the club comes out the other side, and it will. Everyone needs to come out swinging and back the initiatives by the club and more importantly GET INVOLVED. Ideas are the cornerstone of successful marketing, they don’t always work but if they aren’t voiced, it’s a guarantee it won’t. The club have always been very vocal about everyone being welcome to help, everyone being part of a wider circle of volunteers. If you have ideas, note them, bring them along once the world gets on its feet again.

We have a lot of good people doing a lot of good work, Kirsty has revolutionised the club shop in its new form with more money from merchandise being gained than I can ever remember. The bar is going to be a huge advantage moving forward, we have a clubhouse to be proud of and once it’s able to function, support it! Buy that extra drink, have your birthday parties there, christenings, wakes, bar mitzvah’s.

The club is heading in a direction that we can be happy with on the pitch, off it, we can’t continue to rely on the same 4/5 people time and again, not everyone can afford to be a director, but everyone can afford to make a difference. The strength of an army isn’t just in its general, this is something we can all contribute too I’m sure..

Swear I should go into politics.. ;)

 

25/10/2020 4:30 PM  #6


Re: Streaming

 Would it be possible for the opposing side to bring the necessary equipment and/or the operator to the ground and broadcast from here. 

 

25/10/2020 9:08 PM  #7


Re: Streaming

Reginald74 wrote:

Hi Nick, as discussed previously we are a long way behind most, off the pitch, marketing, social media etc.
 

I disagree with that on the social media side - we get highlights and post match manager interviews on YouTube (and some very good Zoom player interviews during preseason/lockdown) plus the twitter is pretty good even if some matches don't have full match updates, but when it's run by volunteers who presumably might have work commitments what do you expect?

Sure we're yet to do live streaming, but given some issues other clubs have had do you blame them for waiting a few weeks to make sure there's no teething problems?? (plus the feedback on here for streaming demand was pretty lukewarm...)

 

26/10/2020 10:10 AM  #8


Re: Streaming

Reginald74 wrote:

Hi Nick, as discussed previously we are a long way behind most, off the pitch, marketing, social media etc.
 

Harsh on the social media comment. Very much ahead of the curve here compared to others in this league.

I'm sure they're working very hard to try and get streaming sorted, although there might not have been much interest from Chippenham fans, which I sure there actually would be, you make the most money from supporters of the visiting team.

 

26/10/2020 2:42 PM  #9


Re: Streaming

For those not on twitter Dartford are streaming our home game tomorrow night - link is :page.inplayer.com/DartfordFC/

     Thread Starter
 

26/10/2020 3:21 PM  #10


Re: Streaming

TheVoice wrote:

I think I had a couple of minor issues with the stream today but nothing like the Hungerford game, I think it dropped twice maybe in the whole game and I watched all of the second half so maybe I was the lucky bugger, maybe not depending on how you view it.

As for us being behind, whilst I completely agree that other clubs are ahead of us for things such as marketing and social presence, our current social team do a bloody good job for a group of young volunteers who are trying to add feathers to the cap more and more. They could always use input and constructive advice and believe me they listen. But on here will never get the desired affect as for all purposes most people on here are anonymous and that’s fine, but to really impact it, we need to come out from anonymity and help drive it, either by advice or involvement.

Club was dealt a rough hand with marketing as the club were teeing up for a Commercial team and Commercial Director before the Covid lark hit and the plans have been somewhat derailed due to it being incredibly difficult to speak with supporters or volunteers in our biggest marketing space, the ground. Rest assured this won’t be forever, this pandemic can only last so long and when the club comes out the other side, and it will. Everyone needs to come out swinging and back the initiatives by the club and more importantly GET INVOLVED. Ideas are the cornerstone of successful marketing, they don’t always work but if they aren’t voiced, it’s a guarantee it won’t. The club have always been very vocal about everyone being welcome to help, everyone being part of a wider circle of volunteers. If you have ideas, note them, bring them along once the world gets on its feet again.

We have a lot of good people doing a lot of good work, Kirsty has revolutionised the club shop in its new form with more money from merchandise being gained than I can ever remember. The bar is going to be a huge advantage moving forward, we have a clubhouse to be proud of and once it’s able to function, support it! Buy that extra drink, have your birthday parties there, christenings, wakes, bar mitzvah’s.

The club is heading in a direction that we can be happy with on the pitch, off it, we can’t continue to rely on the same 4/5 people time and again, not everyone can afford to be a director, but everyone can afford to make a difference. The strength of an army isn’t just in its general, this is something we can all contribute too I’m sure..

Swear I should go into politics.. ;)

No, you can't go into politics, unfortunately you can't do a short snappy soundbite....

 

Board footera

 

Powered by Boardhost. Create a Free Forum

This forum is NOT associated in anyway to any football club or people that run any clubs in Chippenham.