BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

05/8/2020 4:59 PM  #1

National South next season

Boston United’s website confirms National North for next season containing 22 clubs including Hereford and Gloucester. Although I can’t find confirmation of South anywhere by default I assume we will run with 21 clubs, losing Wealdstone and Weymouth and gaining Ebbsfleet. Which is strange if Gloucester City are going to play at Twerton Park until their new ground is ready. There again, perhaps that isn’t happening as Bristol City women have confirmed they will be playing at Twerton Park next season. That could be a lot of wear and tear on the pitch, unless Barth are desperate for cash or are going ahead with their 4G pitch.

08/8/2020 12:58 PM  #2

Re: National South next season

Bury FC (that’s the old League 1 Bury) have had their bid to join The National League System for this coming season thrown out by the FA. According to reports Bury FC were hoping to fill the gap in National South!!

Just to clarify, Bury AFC - the newly formed fans club will start at level 6.

Bury FC have been given various criteria to meet by the F A if they wish to apply for admittance to the National League System for season 2021-2022.

It therefore looks as though National South will start (if it ever does) this coming season with 21 clubs, which may be no bad thing as that will be two less fixtures to cram in probably during midweek.

13/8/2020 6:17 PM  #3

Re: National South next season

The National League have now decided that for next season 2020-2021 the National South will run with 21 clubs with only one club automatically relegated. A further club with the worse points per game total from North/South will also be relegated. The following season will see both North and South increase to 24 teams each - as far as I understand it!

Last edited by Charlie Bird (13/8/2020 6:18 PM)

Board footera