BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

27/6/2020 5:44 PM  #1

Playoffs

For those that dare to venture over to the Bath forum, it might be worth a read right now.
Big debate on whether they should or shouldn’t be participating in the playoffs, given their financial situation and they potential games may cost them an estimated £17-35k.
Fundraising measures starting now but whether they win or lose, it may hammer the budget for next year.
Can’t help thinking it’s only a matter of time!!

30/6/2020 6:19 PM  #2

Re: Playoffs

It’s a total “shit or bust” situation for them. I think for my part if I was a City fan, I would worry about the pressures that comes with £35,000 of gamble. They aren’t the strongest team in the playoff for me and the fact that Havant, Dartford and the likes are playing without that added pressure of the fact they aren’t being bankrolled by the supporters who now are going to have raised expectations, is going to be huge.

I don’t want to see them go up, selfishly for our two massive guaranteed gates per season, the derby atmosphere and the fact no one likes to see their rivals excel. But I worry if they fail, it could also spell misfortune for them with the financial implications of that failure.

Personally I would like to see Slough go up. Like them as a club, like their football and two good deserving managers in Underwood and Baker and of course they had a disappointing cup run ;)

30/6/2020 6:23 PM  #3

Bath supporters have raised over £30k and the Premier League are giving £200,000 to the NL for the play offs. So Bath should easily cover their costs.

30/6/2020 6:31 PM  #4

I say credit to them, do you really think we would have managed to raise 30k ? Very difficult to call the winners for me.

30/6/2020 8:10 PM  #5

Charlie Bird wrote:

Bath supporters have raised over £30k and the Premier League are giving £200,000 to the NL for the play offs. So Bath should easily cover their costs.

But it’s not just about covering your costs. Amazing that they raise that amount of money, but should they be asking them too?
Given that they are over £1million in debt, lost another £30k this season and if they go up, will have a budget that’s not competitive and probably lose even more money.
Many of their fans are not happy as the financial model is not sustainable without the ground development.

30/6/2020 8:11 PM  #6

Reginald74 wrote:

I say credit to them, do you really think we would have managed to raise 30k ? Very difficult to call the winners for me.

The point being we don’t have too!!

19/7/2020 10:46 PM  #7

Bath knocked out by Dorking today.  Derby games next season intact! 😁

24/7/2020 10:12 PM  #8

Missing the loan players I believe.

Board footera