BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

13/3/2020 12:17 PM  #1

Play Suspended

So, this morning the EPL and EFL have suspended all games for 21 days taking us into April before another ball will be kicked in the Football League. The question of course is what does this mean for us in the non-league. The FA of course will make the ultimate decision but as of yet nothing has been announced about the teams at the wrong end of the pyramid (as per usual). It's almost inevitable that this is going to affect us with either our games being suspended and the league losing 3 weeks of fixtures and more importantly for some, losing weeks of revenue that is much needed to pay contract players. However, the other implication could be that fans needing their football fix, flock to the likes of the TS Stadium from the surrounding areas, maximising chances of spreading the naughty bat bug! 

I think with this in mind CTFC as a club need to make a statement on this sooner rather than later, it's approaching Friday lunchtime and at the moment I am travelling via train to Chippenham station tomorrow from Portsmouth to watch the game however, is the game going ahead? Are we taking any precautions? If so what? Not just for the few but for the masses this really should be being communicated to the supporters, after all. We may find out very soon what football is like without the supporters if the doors remain closed at many venues.. 

13/3/2020 1:18 PM  #2

Re: Play Suspended

How can you expect the club to make a statement when they’re as much in the dark as everyone else?

13/3/2020 2:11 PM  #3

I said sooner rather than later. Can't be leaving it to mere hours before the game is what I am saying, not all of us are lucky enough to be within walking distance. 

13/3/2020 2:36 PM  #4

I’m sure they will.  Patience is a virtue 😂

13/3/2020 2:49 PM  #5

You know as much as I, I have so little patience lol! I am not even happy that I have to wait 7 days between games. A ban on football could absolutely kill me off ;) 

13/3/2020 3:06 PM  #6

There’s no answer to that

13/3/2020 3:39 PM  #7

Apparently games are being announced as on in our league! Bout time we started reaching out to Swindon season ticket holders lol!! 

13/3/2020 4:05 PM  #8

Over three hours since the rest of British football has been postponed for the month and still not a word from the National League. Not even "we're having a meeting and will make an announcement in due course" #justcallitoff

13/3/2020 4:25 PM  #9

Statement made by National League, all three divisions go ahead as planned this week end.  See you there tomorrow.

13/3/2020 4:59 PM  #10

I do really hope I'm wrong and overreacting but I think the National League (and many fans) have still got their heads in the sand over this. Won't be long before the games are called off, even if not this weekend.

Board footera