BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

27/2/2020 2:16 PM  #1

St Albans - Home

Cast your mind back, it was the 8th of August 2019, Chippenham were about to embark on their 3rd season in the National League South. The first game chucked out of the fixture list was an away trip. The game really set the tone. A 0-0 draw, a goal incorrectly ruled out for offside against Will Richards as Dave Pratt rose to head home at the back post, a couple of bookings for needless incidents and nit-picky refereeing. The opponents that day, St Albans City FC. 

As seems to be a common theme to a lot of posts, much has changed since then, on and off the pitch. The season has not gone the way either club would have wanted, with both sides flirting with the drop zone for much of the season. Coming into the game however, both sides have hit a little patch of form with St Albans picking up big away wins against Bath and Havant to really gloss over the defeats to Welling and Hampton & Richmond. Chippenham on the other hand, have now won 3 out of 4 in their previous outings with all of those wins coming with a clean sheet which suggests we have really turned a corner results wise. 

St Albans look to have a ferocious attack with the National League's Top Scorer Joe Iaciofano already notching 15 times the season. They also have the tricky wide player Zane Banton on their books as well as the most travelled journeyman in world football Jefferson Louis, with 46 spells at 42 different clubs down the years. One familiar face might be an appearance of Sam Merson, son of the Sky Sports Pundit, Arsenal and England Star and liberator of James Constable from Chippenham Town, Paul Merson. 

With Tuesday's 3-0 win, it would easy to assume that everybody has done enough to retain their place in the side for the weekend however, with Luke Haines, Chris Zebroski and new signing Jack Self all back in contention, it's a luxurious problem for Mike to have as he selects the best side to claim the three points. 

Personally I think this one is going to be the harder of the games in recent weeks, St Albans have picked up some big wins in recent games especially on the road. But, with results having the potential to really go our way this weekend, 3 points would really put a smile on the face of those invested in distancing ourselves from the drop and would go a long way to easing the doubting Thomas' that still think there is a trap door to fall down here. A big favour from our neighbours at Bath City and a good performance from our own boys in blue, I am supremely confident that at home, we can take the game to them and put the top 10 in our site. 

Amazing when you think of the fine margins, we could draw and end up in the relegation zone, or we could draw and end up 14th with 11th place only 3 points away. Madness! Going for a 2-0 win to Chippenham with Jarvis to find his goal scoring touch this weekend. Let's do this chaps!! 

29/2/2020 1:24 PM  #2

Re: St Albans - Home

Wiltshire radio keeps giving out information about local games being postponed but the presenter always says 'not heard anything about Chippenham'. Is the club missing a trick (attendance wise) by not informing them that the game is definitely on? I will go for a 1-1 draw and 526.

29/2/2020 4:23 PM  #3

Yes  been repeatedly querying the situation at Hardenhuish.. Good opportunity to pickup some Swindon and Melksham fans with nothing to watch

29/2/2020 6:09 PM  #4

Great to come in from work to see we came back to win,pity braintree and tonbridge won.

29/2/2020 6:22 PM  #5

Vital hard fought win today. A game that lacked quality until Twine’s moment of magic. Credit to the bench for sticking Haines up front and pushing forward, a game IMHO, that we would not of won under Collier.
At one point today we were losing with Braintree and Tonbridge both winning....just shows how tight this league is.

Last edited by Wellard (29/2/2020 6:23 PM)

29/2/2020 6:33 PM  #6

Well done all , this must be killing the Collier fans
Jack_bluebird not posted in a while, funny that

29/2/2020 6:52 PM  #7

Great to see the latest results from sunny Furtventura, will be back on the terraces very soon, keep it up boys.

29/2/2020 6:55 PM  #8

Bluebirds15 wrote:

Well done all , this must be killing the Collier fans
Jack_bluebird not posted in a while, funny that

You stupid c**t. What a brainless comment. Killing Collier fans, we are all Chippenham fans. Mark was the manager here for 7 years and oversaw the most successful period in the modern era. If you’re any kind of Chippenham fan, shut your mouth and show the proper respect.

Excellent win today. Been saying for weeks how tough we look under Cook, how he’s galvanised this side to believe they can and proof once again that’s correct. Excellent win, tremendous resolve and 3 big points. Well done Mike, staff and our brilliant players. Total game changer bringing Haines on as a target man and an excellent switch by the manager.

To all of you point scorers than barely attend and are only here to this shade. F**k off and do it elsewhere you absolute weapons. You’re showing how very little you know about football and about Chippenham as a football club, I can only assume you’re new or fair weather supporters? Melts.

Anyway up we go, Top 10 in sight and almost at the 40 mark, cannot believe the last month and how fantastic results have been. Haines and Twine returning has clearly been a huge part, Russe a huge signing love him and all signs are pointing towards a strong end to the season. Well done all.

29/2/2020 7:36 PM  #9

The big mans back, and back with big swear words.people hammering mr Blackmore just 2 weeks ago about his decision, starting to look like his decision was the best one and in best interest of the club.

Your word counts are increasing again ‘voice’ perhaps mr cook said hello to you, nice to see your support again.welcome back!!

Onwards and upwards coyb

29/2/2020 8:09 PM  #10

Aww sweetheart you really don’t get it do you. I still think Mark would have kept us up. Can’t remember slating Neil once, the board make decisions and they will always be judged on them. This one appears to be well and truly a good move on their part. If they weren’t confident in Mark it was there choice, I and many others were. Board stood to be judged and now they are. Good call if we stay up.

Playing good football, winning games. My support never wavered. Haven’t missed a game of Cooks tenure so far. Don’t plan on missing many more if it can be helped, still as passionate and as happy as ever to be Chippenham. Difference is you are clearly swayed by personal feeling, me I just wanna stay up and be the best we can.

And if you’re bothered, yes have spoken with Mike, seems a really nice and knowledgeable fella when it comes to the game. I hope he keeps us up, I hope he stays with us next year and I hope he enjoys the long run of success that Mark did. Anyway, if you’re done lapping up the board of directors, enjoy the win and enjoy your night.. COYMB

Last edited by TheVoice (29/2/2020 8:11 PM)

Board footera