BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

25/2/2020 1:23 PM  #1

Concord - Home

So, tonight, we play Concord Rangers at home. In the reverse fixture, we claimed a 1-0 victory thank to a Luke Hopper goal from the spot. At the time we had one eye on our FA Cup fixture coming up and claiming the victory was a nice little welcome relief for the travelling Blue Army who must have been expecting to see a different result. 

Fast forward a couple of months and we are coming into the game with our opponents having on eye on an FA Competition. The Trophy Quarter Final this weekend which Concord are competing in. They are not going to bring the strongest side by all accounts with several first team players being put in the cotton wool ahead of the weekend. Chippenham on the other hand despite losing at the weekend are looking strong. Of course Luke Haines serves his second game of suspension tonight, but aside from that Mike should be able to name the same side as the weekend with no injuries or knocks coming from the game and Jarv completing his first 90 with little to no problem. 

I genuinely think this is our night tonight, a win at home sees us (results depending) fly up the table and is the perfect warm up for the crunch match at home to in form St Albans at the weekend. My prediction is a 3-1 home win and a low crowd of 450.. 

25/2/2020 3:01 PM  #2

Re: Concord - Home

Very dangerous to think this will be any “easier”, if that’s the right term, given they’re so say resting players.  Anyone worth his salt coming into their team tonight will want to impress.  Any scrappy win for us will do me.

25/2/2020 3:25 PM  #3

Dangerous to think it, could be vital to use it as a confidence boost. Imagine using the information for good instead of being lazy. Imagine if that were to be used as an incentive to go out and play harder, fight harder and take the three points. I cannot imagine their changes will be vast. At this level no one is blessed with the ability to make copious changes to their standard eleven. I will happily take any win which comes, I think if we play the way we have played the last month, we will be absolutely fine and in the game when it matters! 

25/2/2020 7:53 PM  #4

If we leave the tunnel with the mindset that the opposition might be focussed on a different prize we will be undone and deservedly so. Whatever the strength of team they field tonight, they will want momentum and confidence going into their cup game, so we cannot relax. I'll settle for 3 points however they come and ideally a clean sheet too please.

25/2/2020 9:34 PM  #5

Good start: 1-0 up after 25 mins. Rigg the scorer.

25/2/2020 9:40 PM  #6

H-T 1-0.

25/2/2020 10:10 PM  #7

3-0, Twine (2).
Get in! 👍

Last edited by Yorkie (25/2/2020 10:14 PM)

25/2/2020 10:44 PM  #8

F.T. 3-0. Excellent win!

25/2/2020 10:52 PM  #9

Three points and safe, not that safety was ever in doubt. Twine has been above this level from the day  Collier brought him in 3 seasons ago. Concord not great at all but job done. The St Albans scout left well before the end with a full report. 

25/2/2020 11:00 PM  #10

Cracking result, scrappy first half but controlled the game 2nd. Some great performances but thought Russe was outstanding.
But let’s not get carried away, we are far from safe.

Board footera