BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

19/2/2020 12:46 PM  #1

Jack Self

After some weeks training with the club, Chippenham Town FC can now announce subject to clearance from Oxford City, we have signed Midfielder, Jack Self on a permanent deal. Jack is a Box to Box style Centre Midfielder who will no doubt provide competition for the lads who seemingly have it on lock down at the moment and possibly a replacement for Luke Russe should we not be able to extend his loan from Bristol Rovers. 

Self should be available for the weekend's trip to Welling and hopefully this is another good player at our disposal following the permanent transfer of Alex Bray last week. Mike Cook's "Chippenham" is starting to come together now, ample time with the team and a few signings to boot. 

Good luck to Jack and the rest of the squad ahead of training tomorrow night and last minute preparations for the crucial game at Welling on Saturday afternoon! 

19/2/2020 7:04 PM  #2

Re: Jack Self

Another man to the squad but not ground breaking,  released by Oxford who were struggling at the time doesn’t really inspire.

19/2/2020 9:14 PM  #3

Let's at least give him a chance.

Welcome to CTFC Jack.

19/2/2020 9:16 PM  #4

According to the internet, 4 appearances in 5 years of Football..?

Injuries or rubbish?

19/2/2020 9:36 PM  #5

I'm seeing 160 appearances in all competitions while playing for Didcot, Banbury and Oxford City with 20 goals scored.

19/2/2020 9:53 PM  #6

That’s a little more like it!!

20/2/2020 10:50 AM  #7

Been training with the club a while and I have it on good authority a lot of other "Free Agents" have been training with us from time to time and have not been signed so clearly the manager must think enough of him to put pen to paper. 

I must confess I couldn't see much about Jack when browsing the web however, like DB said, let's give him a chance. Any news is positive news when it's a signing and hopefully someone who can add something to our survival push if nothing other than cover for Haines, Gunner and possibly the departing Russe. There are no guarantee with loan players as we have sadly found out this season with Haines and TOE being recalled at the most inconvenient of time by their parent clubs. This is another permanent signing to go with the signing of Alex Bray and it would seem the squad is coming along nicely. 

Board footera