BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

24/2/2020 12:15 PM  #11

Re: Welling (Away)

No huge dramas I feel, we weren't going down 8 weeks ago and we wont be going down now, The fact Hungerford have gone and beaten Braintree tells me how poor Braintree must be therefore I am not concerned. Hungerford have 3/4 players who are nowhere near good enough for this level.

Lets be positive and get 3 big points tomorrow.. This is the perfect time to be playing them with there huge Cup game Saturday.

I can see It being 3-0 home win.  

24/2/2020 1:00 PM  #12

Agreed, 4 points in the next two games and all will be good. I never seen us as a relegation side, have been defensively strong from the first game of the season getting 40 points was a given, conference South again, great fa cup run. Good season all in all,most of our problems have been off the pitch. Jarvis hatrick tomorrow.

24/2/2020 2:26 PM  #13

With regard to the Voice's comments about mis - firing strikers I would suggest that it's been the case all season. Now call me crazy if you like but I understand that Lewis Powell is currently leading goal scorer up the road at Larkhall?. Until he had a nasty leg break he was absolutely red hot for us. He certainly knew where the goal was, surely he's worth a "roll of the dice", he is only 32 after all.

Last edited by Bluebirds2006 (24/2/2020 2:32 PM)

24/2/2020 2:47 PM  #14

Bluebirds2006 wrote:

With regard to the Voice's comments about mis - firing strikers I would suggest that it's been the case all season. Now call me crazy if you like but I understand that Lewis Powell is currently leading goal scorer up the road at Larkhall?. Until he had a nasty leg break he was absolutely red hot for us. He certainly knew where the goal was, surely he's worth a "roll of the dice", he is only 32 after all.

Yeah good shout.

24/2/2020 3:50 PM  #15

I’ll see if Mark Cutler is available shall I?

24/2/2020 3:58 PM  #16

Reginald74 wrote:

Agreed, 4 points in the next two games and all will be good. I never seen us as a relegation side, have been defensively strong from the first game of the season getting 40 points was a given, conference South again, great fa cup run. Good season all in all,most of our problems have been off the pitch. Jarvis hatrick tomorrow.

and a sacked manager! 

24/2/2020 3:59 PM  #17

I mean when I say mis-firing strikers I don't think that I was saying they need replacing. Jarvis is up there with one of the best goalscorers this club has ever had a Zebroski's pedigree is such that he is worth investing time in. When you talk of "dice rolling" you don't do that on someone who is top scorer at a club some 3/4 levels below us. I still notch 10-15 goals a season as a Sunday League striker, it doesn't mean I am going to start banging them in for Chippenham. Powell is scoring against development players and grizzled vets and if he has kept himself even reasonably fit, he is going to score the odd goal. 

We have everything we need, they are being coached in a different way, being told to do different things and it's going to take some time to see maximum results but it's getting there. We are going to be safe, I genuinely think we have the right people on board to ensure that. Do I think we would have been safe before, yes, will we be safe now, yes. Jarvis will come good as will Zeb and Twine and Bray down the flanks is the right answer. Missed Haines Saturday as well who adds so much to this team when he is in it. Him, Russe and Gunner will do the work of 5 men allowing for a free roam to get on the end of things. Trust the process and reap the results either way, we do it together.. 

24/2/2020 4:12 PM  #18

nigel_Blue wrote:

Reginald74 wrote:

and a sacked manager! 

The sacking of Mark is irrelevant to this thread. Season's are not analysed on the coming and going of personnel but the results on the pitch. The board of directors saw fit to remove Mark and whether we do or don't agree with the decision (and I think we both know at this point how I felt at the time) they are the board and the salient point is we need them to survive as a club. Mark would be the first person to tell us that no one man is bigger than any club, however disappointed I know he is at the situation and let me tell you now, he is willing Chippenham to do well the same, if not more than most. Mark deserves a bloody statue for the work he put in and the success he bought the club during his time however, we are in a new situation now and Mike and his team deserve the same support that we have given Mark and Tom/Gary in the past. We won't have seen the last of Mr Collier and I am sure when the dust settles and the initial sting has calmed down, he will be back through the gates and welcomed like the CTFC Hero that he is for his achievements but it's time to let this one go now. The club is reaching an important time and an important junction. Let's throw all our collective efforts behind it! 

24/2/2020 4:54 PM  #19

Relax The Voice I was only adding to what was previously said about it being a good season! staying in this league would be classed as a great season and that wont ever change 

24/2/2020 5:33 PM  #20

Wasn't meant to be a dig mate, far from it, I actually agree with you that we have had a great season if we stay up. Safety and Round 1 were the targets and when you look around this League this year, we are not a powerhouse. I like the look of what the club is doing off the field to try and sustain us at this level for many years to come. I think for what it's worth the National League is a bit of a stretch but can't fault the ambition 

Board footera