BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

16/1/2020 2:19 PM  #11

Re: Dulwich Hamlet (Away)

newfan wrote:

We won against Chelmsford 2-1 pre-Xmas didn't we and I thought that was possibly the best I'd seen us play at home all season! The new management team obviously saw something that day to make them think they could turn it around. If they had seen any of the games afterwards they might have had second thoughts

Yep. 2-1. I remember Zebroksi having quite a good game, he was up top in a 2 and was very impressive. It's defiantely the best we've played in a long time. I thought the same.

16/1/2020 4:15 PM  #12

The Chelmsford game stands out for me amongst most of the others. Not just the result but the way we played, actually looking good going forward and creating chances! If that's the only time Mr Cook has seen us play...……….....
As Voice said earlier whatever we think we must back the new management team, continue to support the Bluebirds and hope for the best.

18/1/2020 5:58 PM  #13

Ok - we'd have taken a draw at the start, but FFS just keep going to the whistle boys!!!

Plus Ca Change

18/1/2020 10:50 PM  #14

Long day, same story played well enough to win could of lost, created chances and spurned them, late goal AGAIN and points dropped. Zebroski and Pratt threaten but no real threat, Hopper misses chances and no Jarvis or Chambers. Bottom two first time since we got promoted. Huge game Sat. 

18/1/2020 10:59 PM  #15

Change of manager, no change of fortune.

18/1/2020 11:02 PM  #16

On my way back from the game and thought I would see more posts.

Can’t make my mind up about today, to get a point is a decent result however to concede so late hurts. It’s not like it wasn’t coming though.

We played the same system, the same style of play as we have done pretty much all season. Pratt played left-wing and Callum Connor played on the right. A very strange combination and can only presume it was for defensive reasons as going forward they were rubbish!

Only his first game and a tough one at that but I am not convinced about our new signing from Bristol Rovers, looks like a poor man’s Luke Haines. Very small and competitive but kept getting basic passes wrong. Hopefully he will improve given more time.

Could not believe how deep we were second half and that was at 0-0. Then after our slightly fortuitous goal, we sat even deeper providing their two giant strikers opportunities to hit the ball inside our box every 20 seconds.  No changes of formation or players to help, just blind hope that’s we hang on.

First half we looked a threat without really creating proper chances, second half I spilt my chips when we scored as it was completely out the blue.

Just goes to show the work required with this group, it will be a long long season and new manager is not a magician.

In other news did I see Harry Rutty line up for Melksham today?  When did that happen?

19/1/2020 10:44 AM  #17

The players have always come over at the end of games, Parselle the captain is always the first home and away, four very tight games between us and Dulwich, 3 draws and a loss. The new manager presumably not going with Rutty so I expect to see us strengthen in the defensive line in the coming days, new manager always brings his own men on reflection two many players out of position for me yesterday. No Tony Godwin yesterday did he get the sack with MC ?

19/1/2020 9:02 PM  #18

I’d take Rutty over Curtis on recent showing, been off the pace for months in my opinion and very quick to point fingers rather than lead by example. However would assume cook will go with experience given the position we are in.
Yesterday was a good point, what maybe made it look worse was the fact that almost every team near the bottom picked up points.
Absolute priority has to be a 6foot 2 centre half who can head it and is dominant, we simply cannot deal with balls into the box, lost count how many goals we’ve conceded as a direct result of a cross or second phase from a cross In the last few months. Need to be able to defend in our box and at the minute we can’t.
But definitely positive signs yesterday without a doubt. Well done

19/1/2020 9:25 PM  #19

Tony was at a family birthday party yesterday.  He will be at the ground during the week as usual and buzzing about next Saturday. I see Rutty got star man  in the non league paper in Melksham's win.

19/1/2020 11:08 PM  #20

Bluebirds15 wrote:

Absolute priority has to be a 6foot 2 centre half who can head it and is dominant, we simply cannot deal with balls into the box, lost count how many goals we’ve conceded as a direct result of a cross or second phase from a cross In the last few months. Need to be able to defend in our box and at the minute we can’t.
But definitely positive signs yesterday without a doubt. Well done

Yes, it's been obvious all season we need an old fashioned centre half. At this level opposition managers know what they are up against and they will know we are a comparatively short team and line up accordingly. Nearly all NLS teams seem to turn up with two tall strikers and two tall defenders. Keith Curle said after the Northampton game that he picked his tallest strikers as he knew we were lacking in height at the back.

However Saturdays point was a good one and encouraging. Looking forward to Havant. COYB

Board footera