BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

15/1/2020 2:36 PM  #1

Dulwich Hamlet (Away)

Well, due too situations off the field it seems almost an age away since we drew 2-2 at home with Hemel Hempstead on the 7th, a result that with what seems a very poor reception it must be said, saw Mark Collier relieved of his duties as Chippenham Town first team manager and replaced with Mike Cook for the remainder of the season. Mike's first test as Chippenham Town manager comes in the form of Dulwich Hamlet, a team we know all too well from this the first half of the season having played them 3 times in league and cup competition. 

Dulwich come into the game in 15th place, 4 spots and 5 points ahead of the Bluebirds after finding a little bit of form recently that has seen them climb from the relegation zone and suddenly chasing the pack again only 11 points off the playoff spots. Such is the nature of this league where a few results can make a world of difference to the league standings. Dulwich are themselves now unbeaten in 3 games with a draw against Weymouth last week and massive wins over Hampton & Richmond 3-0 and a very convincing 6-0 defeat of Braintree only a fortnight ago. 

We know very much what Dulwich are about, a big, physical side that likes to get in the face of the opponent and the referee and truly control games one way or another. They possess a big threat going forward with (as mentioned a couple of times before) colossal striker Danny Mills standing at 6,4 posing a big aerial threat and in form striker Dylan Kearney who really seems to have the magic touch since signing with 4 goals in 7 matches for the Hamlet. Dulwich boo boys Richard Orlu and David Ijaha who seem to be disliked on a football pitch by all except those in Pink and Blue will once again be out to dominate and it is important we win our battles with these two influential players for Dulwich. 

I would be remiss if I didn't mention one special man from Dulwich that won't be there. Mishi Morath, a huge Dulwich supporter and a big character on the non league scene was laid to rest today at Honor Oak Crem in London and I am sure all Chippenham supporters as well as the wider non league family wish Mishi's family and friends all the very best for today as they celebrate the life of a top bloke and a great supporter. 

As for our boys, well they have had quite a break. Collier out, Cook in, a big shake up in the dugout was called for by the few and it would seem that this is the case with former Weston Super Mare manager Marc McGregor joining cook as Assistant Manager it would seem. I am sure that everyone, regardless of their feelings towards the decision that has been taken will wish Mike and Marc all the very best as they strive to drive CTFC away from the drop zone and secure safety in this league for another season. 

So good luck to all, safe trip to all those who are making the journey into South London for the game and let's hope we can bring back something to show for all the decisions that have been made over the last week or so. I feel that a quick start over these next three games will be vital to how the change is perceived and I wish everyone the best of luck in doing so. 

COYMB

15/1/2020 6:31 PM  #2

Re: Dulwich Hamlet (Away)

McGregor was at the Chelmsford game pre-Christmas.  The fella with him I couldn’t place but knew he was a football man - looks like it was MC Mk2.
McGregor played for us around the time Tommy departed I seem to remember?

15/1/2020 7:43 PM  #3

I think he is the ex Weston manager, so has some Conf Sth experiences even if they did get relegated, remember him as a decent forward, perhaps he will start up front for us, couldn’t do any worse. 

15/1/2020 9:44 PM  #4

Mike in his first Blue Army TV interview mentioned being at the Chelmsford game. Presumably, together with McGregor, and both at Neil's invitation. Plans were obviously being made to relieve Mark of his duties or at least to have someone ready should the need arise. During Mark's interview after the Hemel game, he seemed to know that the draw wasn't enough and had sealed his fate. How much he knew of what was going on behind the scenes, is impossible to say. Here's my last word on the subject though, which for me shows the sort of man Mark is. In a last throw of the dice, he could have gone all out to save his skin by throwing everyone upfront to get the 3 points, but instead, he took one for the team by taking off an attacker and bringing on a defender, with the aim of securing a valuable point for the Club.

Anyhow, the King is dead (metaphorically speaking), long live the King.

15/1/2020 9:53 PM  #5

Hence my comments after the Eastboune game, but those got shot down in flames by those who thought they were in the know...appears now that they knew nothing. 😂 don’t believe everything the players tell you 😜
The writing was on the wall after that game and it was only a matter of time.

15/1/2020 10:47 PM  #6

I sincerely hope that Collier has his say in the GH, I don’t think he will as it doesn’t appear to be his way, I do understand that before that Eastbourne game he and the players discussed the Nat Jarvis debacle which I think was the start of the end in truth. 

16/1/2020 10:45 AM  #7

I don't think anyone is naive enough to believe that vultures haven't been circling for a great many weeks in regards to Mark's seemingly imminent departure from the club. Plenty of managers have been spotted at the ground in recent weeks and it would seem that Mike and Marc were a couple of them. 

Just to clear a few points up above, yes Marc McGregor is a former WSM manager and was relieved of his duties after a poor campaign left Weston at the foot of the table, 7 points adrift and this eventually resulted in relegation. Marc also did play for Chippenham under then manager Tommy Saunders, if someone could do some digging here that would be great but I am fairly confident Tommy secured Marc's signing from Tamworth around the 03/04 time and I can't remember a great deal about his time with us but I am sure there is an archive somewhere.  

The Nat Jarvis situation. If you weren't aware of what was going on, then this isn't the place and now no longer the time to discuss it. Most people were fully aware of the situation with Jarv and now he is just focused on playing his football and doing the best he can for the club, something he has always wanted to do and unfortunately for a small period of time was being prevented from doing so. I truly believe the clash of opinions over Jarvis between certain parties is largely responsible for the situation unfolding as it did. 

Mark won't have his say in the press, not his style. He has spoken to the people he felt he needed or wanted too in regards the situation and despite hurting and feeling a great deal of sadness for the way his time at the club has ended, he is the consummate professional and just wants what is best for the club moving forward. We will see Mark again in some capacity I am sure and I am sure he will get the reception he definitely deserves for all he has done for Chippenham Town FC, this current CTFC is down to him, his management and assembly of squads within at times a restrictive budget. He has done ever so well and should go with the love and thanks of everyone who claims to care about CTFC.

This is Mike's time to shine now, it is important that if we want to see a club in the National League South next year that he does his work and gets the players playing to the maximum again. If he doesn't ultimately the manager and the board will be judged on this move but for now, Mike is the manager of the football club, whether we agree or not, whether we like it or not, we have to support him. If the same negative, toxic environment is created by a few idiots as it was towards the end of Collier's tenure then I fear that we could be in trouble very quickly and that's not something anyone wants! 

16/1/2020 11:11 AM  #8

Records show that Marc McGregor was indeed signed on a months loan from Tamworth in September 2003.

Last edited by chippy (16/1/2020 11:11 AM)

16/1/2020 1:32 PM  #9

chippy wrote:

Records show that Marc McGregor was indeed signed on a months loan from Tamworth in September 2003.

Indeed. Going by G&H article, he started up front with player-manager Adie Mings in September of 2003.

https://www.gazetteandherald.co.uk/news/7307959.mings-keen-to-be-playing/

16/1/2020 1:37 PM  #10

We won against Chelmsford 2-1 pre-Xmas didn't we and I thought that was possibly the best I'd seen us play at home all season! The new management team obviously saw something that day to make them think they could turn it around. If they had seen any of the games afterwards they might have had second thoughts

Board footera