BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

14/1/2020 12:49 PM  #11

Re: Mike Cook

96chipp wrote:

He could well be a little late to training on Thursday...

https://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/news/gloucester-news/former-gloucester-city-manager-court-3637512

Naive in so many ways to mention ‘discipline’ in a public statement regarding a new appointment, even more so now I’ve read this!  Couldn’t write it.

Never the less, welcome Mike! Let’s hope the vibe/persona the board give out to the public is different to the internal one you receive.

14/1/2020 1:14 PM  #12

What is it with some of you. Chippenham Town FC has been a Limited Company since 2002 and as such is run by a board of directors. These guys are the people directly responsible for the financial security of the Club and hence they have the right to make decisions to ensure the Club remains solvent.

Re the comment about player discipline it needs to be noted that the National League issues monthly reports concerning Discipline. Sadly CTFC is currently bottom of the table. As such they may well find themselves called to address the issue by the FA in due course. This information is in the public domain and now needs to be addressed by the new management team otherwise the Club could have a fine imposed on them by the FA and this would be bad for all concerned!!

14/1/2020 1:29 PM  #13

Exactly chippy. I'd been thinking myself that the number of cards we are picking up must eventually mean a club fine which is probably a contributory factor in Mark's removal as much as the poor results and league table position. Clearly the club/board are concerned about this.

I don't read too much into the semantics of the statement. At this level of decision the club and board are one and the same.

As to the appointment it makes sense that we choose someone who is prepared to join until the end of the season effectively on probation (if you excuse the pun based on the court case reported above which could be a big problem) and prove their worth by keeping us up, improving our point score and reducing our card count. I'm guessing the conversation goes - make a success of this until the end of April, have a good plan for the off-season and pre-season and the job for next season is yours. Meanwhile we get to see who else might be interested if things don't work out. 

14/1/2020 1:41 PM  #14

I wonder if they appointed Mike Cook so they didn't have to print new initials on the managers coat.

Last edited by BlackpoolBluebird (14/1/2020 1:43 PM)

14/1/2020 1:52 PM  #15

TindlesFirstTouch wrote:

Neil is a lovely bloke and has put his money and energy into the club. His intentions are no doubt with the best interest of the club and town. However there is a saying that you are what you associate with and he has surrounded himself with people who are not fit for the job of board or directors.

The statement saying the board and not the club is poor as is the line about player discipline at the end. Were there any discipline issues? If so that should be kept out of the public. What a stab in the back to Mark who has conducted himself admirably throughout his time.

If this club is to progress then he needs help.

A friend of mine was on the coach to Tonbridge and informed me that the vice chairman was on the coach talking about Tom Owen Evans loan being permanent until the end of the season, he was also happy to disclose Toms wages at Hereford as well as the deal we had struck!! This was before either club wanted it public!!

It is these statements and these sort of actions that fear me with dread.

Welcome to Mike btw. Reasonable appointment. I presume his new assistant will be driving him around after Thursday? 👀

That is Mr Applegate for you. 

14/1/2020 4:11 PM  #16

James wrote:

After we win on Saturday all this rubbish will be forgotten and everybody will be saying ‘ The Board ‘ did the right thing

Not sure this is accurate. 

14/1/2020 4:46 PM  #17

BlackpoolBluebird wrote:

I wonder if they appointed Mike Cook so they didn't have to print new initials on the managers coat.

Brilliant, wish I'd thought of that!
On a serious note I didn't see this one coming. Not sure what to make of this.

14/1/2020 5:20 PM  #18

5 wins on the bounce and we'll conveniently forget this thread.

It is what it is right. Have to say I don't know a great deal about him but the chair has the reigns.
Welcome on board!

Want a bare knuckle fight? I'll knock you out you Cnut.

14/1/2020 6:44 PM  #19

I've been trying to get to grips with this appointment. Time will tell, but if the spirit in the camp was as good as Mark always said it was, my personal choice would have been to back Mark and let him get on with the job of keeping us out of the relegation zone. All history now of course. Mike and Neil will ultimately be judged on where we are come the end of the season.

14/1/2020 6:58 PM  #20

Don’t know much about him but he’s got his remit. Stay up then see what he offers then. Needs our support and he’ll be getting mine. Would love to see a footballing side next season rather than the lump it up field style of Collier. But not sure we can afford those style of players.

Board footera