BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/1/2020 1:01 AM  #1

Who next?

Clearly the decision has drawn mixed feedback. However, it’s done and what worries me is we have a board of Football fans and enthusiasts, not football people, making the important decision now and they will be unleashed in front of hundreds of football vultures all with their promises and contacts.

The club is developing a young side, now has its own academy that seems to have some good players, facilities are improving amongst other things and I’m now worried in the name of survival that some archaic wingman of John Applegate’s 70s dancing days is going to come in and manage, thinking only of survival because he managed to pull it off in 1975 on a shoestring budget.

I’d love to be wrong but fearing 4-4-2 a shell it.  Really hope the club one day brings in a director of football to help the board out!

So who would you appoint?

10/1/2020 8:46 AM  #2

Re: Who next?

Charlie Griffin would tick a lot of boxes for me. Currently out of work, plays a good brand of football, experience working with limited budget (as so many allude too on here), promoted youth at Cirencester, has strong links with the club, will have excellent contacts within the game, Young And hungry in terms of a manager And won’t cost an arm and a leg for him to come.

Need to think outside the box a little, it’s unlikely your going to prize away a manager from the same division like a Jerry gill or someone along those lines.

10/1/2020 9:12 AM  #3

Well now someone’s said it, that’s the name I hearing about, along with his brother, whether it’s true or not remains to be seen.

10/1/2020 9:16 AM  #4

The Griffin brothers have been mentioned by a few sets of fans but I'd ask the question, what's the point in sacking MC to bring in a manager(s) that have no experience at this level?

10/1/2020 9:35 AM  #5

His nickname at Cirencester by the players was Village, for village idiot...

Think we might need a little bit more.

10/1/2020 9:44 AM  #6

His Village nickname almost predates the the introduction of Villages itself!  - I have a terrible nickname but it's not who I am. - And it was only one sheep.

Want a bare knuckle fight? I'll knock you out you Cnut.

10/1/2020 10:24 AM  #7

Peter Beadle. Done deal.

10/1/2020 10:55 AM  #8

Thought I saw Charlie at the Dorking game

10/1/2020 11:20 AM  #9

Beadle applied after Chalky did a Prince Harry,  but we appointed Perrin.

Want a bare knuckle fight? I'll knock you out you Cnut.

10/1/2020 11:31 AM  #10

Watch out Beadles about,  a least he would be Game for a Laugh.

Board footera