BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

08/1/2020 3:03 PM  #21

Re: Hemel

So your referring to Last nights game? Have we been inexperienced for the whole season? You can’t say experience costs money as a reason for possibly our bad form or underachieving when we have had plenty of experience all year bar perhaps last night. Sounds like clutching at thin air for reasons as to why we are where we are in the league. I think Neil has more than backed Mark with signings going by the merry go round of players coming and going it’s hard to keep up. If mark has then brought in the wrong ones that’s on him. The league is no better or worse than in previous years imo, every year 2 big sides go and 2 come down, players go between all the London clubs as usuall. We simply haven’t been good enough throughout the year to date. Marks done a fantastic job no denying that, but somethings not clicking.

08/1/2020 3:37 PM  #22

If you can't win. Then don't lose.

We broke our losing streak last night, moved a point in the right direction and gives us something to work with after a break. What ifs dont matter, its whats next that counts.

Yours in Cliches.
Ron

Want a bare knuckle fight? I'll knock you out you Cnut.

08/1/2020 3:41 PM  #23

TheVoice wrote:

Common sense would dictate a point from last night is a welcome one and against a side like Hemel, one many would arguably have taken. This is going to shock you a little bit, but I left disappointed last night that we didn’t take all three.

Yes, we are young, yes we have inexperienced players and injuries and suspensions the same as a lot of other clubs but again to hold the lead twice, let it go twice and to a certain extent, hang on for a point in a game we did have the better of certainly in the first 45, is a little disappointing given the circumstances.

Amazing however, the difference in opinion regarding players, manager etc. Mark seemed fairly animated for his usual calm demeanour last night, shouting plenty of instruction to his troops as very audible inside a very quite stadium. Never been a loud manager anyway, prefers to do his talking in private but maybe frustration creeps in. Zebroski was poor again last night, I can only assume Wellard is his brother? TOE I will give you looked chipper but Zeb? That groin is definitely causing him problems. He needs to sit out the next one as this is now 3/4 performances on the spin well under the level.

All this chat about two lucky goals is a little bit controversial as well. Sloppy? Yes but gifts? Absolutely not. Jarvis runs down the defender and causes unrest between him and the keeper, gets there first and rolls it over the line. We caught a team early and it gets called lucky or a gift, we concede early last week and we are lazy, shit, not committed? It can’t go both ways. Tyler’s goal very similar, if a player is shaken then absolutely punish that, keeper looked hesitant and again we get there first. This isn’t luck, it’s called work rate, effort, determination and FINALLY we appeared to get something from that.

The goals conceded are another thing, a good goal from Midson for their first, players of his experience and quality find pockets of space on pitches and against Horton and Rutty who are the combined age of my socks, it’s unsurprising that it’s ended up in the net. The second, Pars is an experienced boy, young admittedly but experienced nonetheless and club captain and a constant in our back line for the last two seasons, that foul was completely unnecessary and he knows that, if the delivery goes into the Cricket pitch, no one cares but knowing how vulnerable we are to the diagonal ball into the back post it does seem madness that he would give the foul away there but he bounces back every time and will again.

Interesting point made by Wellard, this isn’t all about the manager. Has the chairman gone to the manager and asked “What do you need to get out of trouble?” “How can we help?” In his Post Match Interview, Mark was quoted as saying experience costs, well how much does it cost? And with plans to develop the ground maybe the focus right now needs to shift as we appear to be building for a National League South future but operating on a Southern League playing budget with no care shown to changing that deep into the season. We made a bit of cash on the cup run surely a colossal centre half to make up for Will can be found, surely a couple of additional bodies in the squad could be accommodated? Or are we taking our losses fairly confident this squad won’t go down and saving to have a crack at a better season next year?

One thing is for certain, Mark Collier needs to stay! He is the best manager we have had in terms of success since Saunders and whilst many have their opinions on Tom, he was successful here. Anything outside of Collier at this moment would be detrimental in my opinion. That’s his squad and we haven’t got the budget to change it, it’s the team he assembled and he deserves our support for all he has done at this club thus far. Truthfully the man needs a statue not a P45! But in absence of that just a little support would do nicely I reckon, encourage the players, encourage the manager and help the club push in the right way. That’s what supporters do, when the chips are down they remind the team and the people past the white line they have people behind them. If they need a boost be the boost not the person that drags them down.

Christmas period done, back at home Hemel have come and been a good test for our young squad and we can feel a little hard done by not to have all three points. Another few massive games coming up and we need to try and build on this.. a run of 2-3 games changes everything!

In Collier we Trust!! This team can and will get us out of this we just need to believe in it and back them to do so!

Just listened to Colliers post match comments, Are you Colliers Puppet or his brother?, the comments you make echo exactly what he said. 

08/1/2020 3:54 PM  #24

Ronnie Pickering wrote:

If you can't win. Then don't lose.

We broke our losing streak last night, moved a point in the right direction and gives us something to work with after a break. What ifs dont matter, its whats next that counts.

Yours in Cliches.
Ron

Definitely a game of two halves. Neither manager would be over the moon with a draw, but both can take plenty of positives. We can kick on from this and move up the table. Shame not to bag the three points after scoring early doors but all the players put in a shift. I wouldn't be surprised if Mark has something else in his locker ready for the six-pointers coming up. Anyway, remember this - we are too good to go down!

08/1/2020 6:32 PM  #25

Wellard wrote:

TheVoice wrote:

Common sense would dictate a point from last night is a welcome one and against a side like Hemel, one many would arguably have taken. This is going to shock you a little bit, but I left disappointed last night that we didn’t take all three.

Yes, we are young, yes we have inexperienced players and injuries and suspensions the same as a lot of other clubs but again to hold the lead twice, let it go twice and to a certain extent, hang on for a point in a game we did have the better of certainly in the first 45, is a little disappointing given the circumstances.

Amazing however, the difference in opinion regarding players, manager etc. Mark seemed fairly animated for his usual calm demeanour last night, shouting plenty of instruction to his troops as very audible inside a very quite stadium. Never been a loud manager anyway, prefers to do his talking in private but maybe frustration creeps in. Zebroski was poor again last night, I can only assume Wellard is his brother? TOE I will give you looked chipper but Zeb? That groin is definitely causing him problems. He needs to sit out the next one as this is now 3/4 performances on the spin well under the level.

All this chat about two lucky goals is a little bit controversial as well. Sloppy? Yes but gifts? Absolutely not. Jarvis runs down the defender and causes unrest between him and the keeper, gets there first and rolls it over the line. We caught a team early and it gets called lucky or a gift, we concede early last week and we are lazy, shit, not committed? It can’t go both ways. Tyler’s goal very similar, if a player is shaken then absolutely punish that, keeper looked hesitant and again we get there first. This isn’t luck, it’s called work rate, effort, determination and FINALLY we appeared to get something from that.

The goals conceded are another thing, a good goal from Midson for their first, players of his experience and quality find pockets of space on pitches and against Horton and Rutty who are the combined age of my socks, it’s unsurprising that it’s ended up in the net. The second, Pars is an experienced boy, young admittedly but experienced nonetheless and club captain and a constant in our back line for the last two seasons, that foul was completely unnecessary and he knows that, if the delivery goes into the Cricket pitch, no one cares but knowing how vulnerable we are to the diagonal ball into the back post it does seem madness that he would give the foul away there but he bounces back every time and will again.

Interesting point made by Wellard, this isn’t all about the manager. Has the chairman gone to the manager and asked “What do you need to get out of trouble?” “How can we help?” In his Post Match Interview, Mark was quoted as saying experience costs, well how much does it cost? And with plans to develop the ground maybe the focus right now needs to shift as we appear to be building for a National League South future but operating on a Southern League playing budget with no care shown to changing that deep into the season. We made a bit of cash on the cup run surely a colossal centre half to make up for Will can be found, surely a couple of additional bodies in the squad could be accommodated? Or are we taking our losses fairly confident this squad won’t go down and saving to have a crack at a better season next year?

One thing is for certain, Mark Collier needs to stay! He is the best manager we have had in terms of success since Saunders and whilst many have their opinions on Tom, he was successful here. Anything outside of Collier at this moment would be detrimental in my opinion. That’s his squad and we haven’t got the budget to change it, it’s the team he assembled and he deserves our support for all he has done at this club thus far. Truthfully the man needs a statue not a P45! But in absence of that just a little support would do nicely I reckon, encourage the players, encourage the manager and help the club push in the right way. That’s what supporters do, when the chips are down they remind the team and the people past the white line they have people behind them. If they need a boost be the boost not the person that drags them down.

Christmas period done, back at home Hemel have come and been a good test for our young squad and we can feel a little hard done by not to have all three points. Another few massive games coming up and we need to try and build on this.. a run of 2-3 games changes everything!

In Collier we Trust!! This team can and will get us out of this we just need to believe in it and back them to do so!

Just listened to Colliers post match comments, Are you Colliers Puppet or his brother?, the comments you make echo exactly what he said. 

His parents must have been quite ******** active for him to be my brother mate considering he’s older than my mother? No ones puppet just a supporter who backs the manager and believes he was, is and will be in coming years the best man for the top job at Chippenham.

I don’t see it as a bad thing his thoughts echo mine and vice versa as I consider him to be a very knowledgable chap when it comes to the game and if the correlation between our individual thoughts are there, I’m quite happy with it.

It’s not just me either, I think the majority of CTFC fans share these same sentiments and back the gaffer in his endeavour that has so far led us to punching well above our weight class in terms of the pyramid. We are a Southern League club, dancing with the big boys and holding our own for the most part and have been a good few years.

I think if the minority stepped away from just wanting to be controversial to be cool, they would see that he’s the best we are going to get and that the club has come on leaps and bounds under his guidance. Show me a better candidate and I’ll happily entertain it, I’m all for progress and right now we aren’t progressing but at the same time I think he will keep us up, where as a gamble from bringing in another manager might prove incredibly short sighted and lead us down a path we don’t want to tread.

08/1/2020 7:34 PM  #26

Problem is I’m not sure it’s the majority,most I speak to agree that something needs to change.

So a less tongue in cheek question for all the blue tinted brigade, would you rather go down with Collier, rebuild etc.. or stay up with a change in management?

08/1/2020 9:14 PM  #27

Good experience costs a lot. A lot of clubs spend £600 - £900 per player in this league and from what I understand if we did that then we might have a decent 5 aside team.  It’s tough to keep going and going each year with a small budget.

I’d say previous seasons have seen us perhaps overachieve and I fear the big loss this year compared to others is Will Richards. He had the right mix of qualities between Parselle and McDonald.  McDonald looks heavy and sluggish hence why I think Rutty came in for him but he’s a 20 year old.

Zebs worked so hard but his first touch resembled a chewed up kebab with all the sauces.

Rhys Tyler did ok last night but highlights the lack of balance in our squad. Too many CF and not enough width.  Nothing a good loan can’t sort and I think if we get that we will have a lot more balance and create a lot more opportunities while being solid.

09/1/2020 9:39 AM  #28

TFT is spot on. We've got no width.

4-4-2 with the midfield consisting soley of centre midfielders. There's no outball to the wings.

A squad reshape is needed in my opinion, usually something that comes in the offseason.

As for going down with Collier and rebuilding.. why not? I personally don't think we'll go down but even if we did you'd have to give Collier a chance to rebuild and make a push for promotion again. It's the least he deserves. We wouldn't be in this division without him and Tom Jones.

I also ask the question whenever people call for a managers head (as a few have done on this forum) , who would you replace Collier with... there's not a ton of options out there. Be careful what you wish for

09/1/2020 11:05 AM  #29

As apparent head of the "Rose Tinted Specs Brigade" I will give an answer Personally I would NEVER choose relegation and given a choice between those two exact options then I would pick staying up under new management as opposed to going down and rebuilding with MC. However, this is purely in a straight choice between those two options given and neither are a guarantee so it renders the question rather moot. 

MC will keep us in the division, not only do I think the squad we have albeit slightly depleted and with massive room for improvement is good enough, I also think that there will be a couple of team below us that won't be good enough to save themselves. Everyone will always pick up odd results and we are no different. Between now and the end of the season I reckon we need about 5 wins to be safe, the odd draw here and there won't hurt the cause and that is predicated on Tonbridge, Welling and Hungerford also being able to match that target or we will stay up by virtue of their inadequacies. Is that how I want to stay up? No, of course not, I would want to stay up by narrowly missing out on the playoffs and applauding a valiant effort through the season to give us an outside shot at the end of season show but in reality, it doesn't really matter how we stay up. 8th is no different to 18th in retrospect, we would stay a NLS side either way.  

If we were to go down, then it would be bitterly disappointing. I am a big believer that at this level it's precarious at best and not a lot tend to do the whole up and down thing. Very few relegated teams bounce back at the first attempt and it would seem that very few come up to go down at the first attempt as well. Chippenham have become accustomed to the National League South and although the club is small fry at this level the challenge every year should be staying up, earning the money to improve as a club and trying to sustain ourselves ready for any potential "next step". To go back down to the Southern League, well that would be dreadful for the club that have worked so hard to be here and I think all would agree that winning more games, dominating more and having a better chance of success is not worth sacrificing our NLS status for. 

Get behind Collier, this man has led us here, taken us out of the Southern, given us moments to savour and cherish forever. We have had this season alone, moments of great elation and joy. Anyone of us who were present at Billericay early doors in the league with a 2-0 win and the chance to once again have a laugh at their expense, the extra time thriller against Cirencester when you didn't know which way the pendulum was going to swing but my god how exciting when it ended, the games against Slough particularly the replay and that feeling of knowing we were going to Whyteleaf big favourites to make Round 1 and then of course, Round 1 itself, a game against a team like Northampton who incidentally are still in the competition at the 4th Round Stage going up against Derby Country at home for a place in Round 5! There are Up's to every Down and sometimes there are more of one than the other but this is when supporters resolve is tested and given a chance to prove what good supporters are. There are clubs with more supporters and clubs with less but a football club is like a religion, a religion you share with a select few and the negativity and mood at the football club at present is absolutely toxic. It's making the place a real horrible environment to watch football in. A change in manager, personnel or otherwise won't help that, a change in attitude just might. The team will work their arse off to renew faith and restore a little optimism but let's give them the little boost they need whilst they could be feeling sorry for themselves and accepting the abuse and waiting for the end of the season. Let's encourage, people work better when they are happier in all walks of life, football as well. No one likes losing but even less when they feel they are losing alone. 15-20 men shouldn't shoulder the burden, it is the responsibility of all to carry a little of that around with them, lighten the load. Come on Chippenham we can and will do this.  

05/2/2020 8:04 PM  #30

Jack_Bluebird wrote:

Managed to make last nights game, personally, I think that was a good point against a big strong team. Yes it probably should of been 3 but every point is vital so not the end of the world to take just the 1! Created plenty of chances which is a big positive!

Cannot complain with the lads effort and desire last night, fighting tooth and nail for every ball!  Hopefully the squad and use this time to rest and recoupe and go again in a few weeks! A few positive results and turns the seasons around, long long way to go! As for the negative comments, let’s ignore them and remain positive. Football can be a very fickle game!

I won’t be able to make the next handful of games due to work commitments but rest assured I’ll be supporting from a far!

Jack_bluebirds last positive post coincidentally just before mark was sacked, I assure you I’m not who you I’m not Jason Applegate as you seem to think, if I was I would never have allowed some of the mediocre signings to transpire. Just a local guy watches his local team with his son and discusses the goings on. Would appear you are quite obviously a relation to mark of sorts, maybe his son?

Board footera