BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

02/1/2020 12:28 PM  #1

50/50 Draw

Would it be possible to put the winning number on the forum as per the dream draw which is published.  It is a bit pointless buying a ticket which helps the clubs funds, when the number is not announced at half time, or if it was, not heard over the tannoy, what a surprise.  No point buying one if not announced.

Last edited by inthebox (02/1/2020 12:29 PM)

02/1/2020 1:19 PM  #2

Re: 50/50 Draw

Agree, I expect it was a big pay day yesterday with all tickets sold presumably. 

03/1/2020 11:41 AM  #3

I was very impressed by Bath City on Boxing Day at how they kept fans informed over their very clear loud speaker system, repeating an unclaimed ticket number and letting us know how a corporate guest had donated their prize back to the club.

03/1/2020 12:25 PM  #4

Been over this a million times though haven't we, for me something that may seem irrelevant could have a huge impact on the "Matchday Experience". One of the big things that we need to do from that aspect moving forward is ensure that we are making coming to the stadium as enjoyable an experience as possible. From the PA announcements to the music, nothing really screams atmospheric football stadium at me, the place seems a little flat at the moment. Regarding the 50/50 number being announced give it a little bit of love, announce it multiple times if needs be, announce something a little more than "And today's winning 50/50 number is..... It may even aid with more people purchasing a ticket

03/1/2020 7:19 PM  #5

Spot on The Voice. It's all about the 'Matchday Experience' which definitely isn't what it could be. How about mentioning what the lucky winner is getting. It might make fans wish they'd bought a ticket too, especially for the big games. I'm pretty sure I'm right in saying that the top prize at Twerton Park on Boxing Day for their raffle was just £25. Admittedly there were 2nd and 3rd cash prizes as well, but even so, I would have thought the winning ticket holder on New Year's Day would have scooped more than £25. Something worth shouting about I would have thought.

Also, and I do appreciate that we're only tenants and not the owners of our ground, but I pray that there's never an emergency evacuation in the dark. As anyone who leaves the ground on foot heading in the general direction of Hungerdown Lane will tell you, negotiating a safe passage down a slippery mud bank through a gap in the hedgerow until you reach the safety of the car park, is no laughing matter. The alternative route around the end of the hedgerow was no better on Wednesday, as there was a large puddle and lots of mud.

And before anyone says it, I've £20 to contribute towards some scalpings and my fork is at the ready to help try and drain the water. I can't do Saturday, but Sunday should be okay if there's any interest in a working party.

Note: This isn't a complaint about the club. It's a genuine offer to help with a problem which those who have reserved parking spaces might not be aware of.

03/1/2020 8:17 PM  #6

Dauntsey Boys wrote:

Spot on The Voice. It's all about the 'Matchday Experience' which definitely isn't what it could be. How about mentioning what the lucky winner is getting. It might make fans wish they'd bought a ticket too, especially for the big games. I'm pretty sure I'm right in saying that the top prize at Twerton Park on Boxing Day for their raffle was just £25. Admittedly there were 2nd and 3rd cash prizes as well, but even so, I would have thought the winning ticket holder on New Year's Day would have scooped more than £25. Something worth shouting about I would have thought.

Also, and I do appreciate that we're only tenants and not the owners of our ground, but I pray that there's never an emergency evacuation in the dark. As anyone who leaves the ground on foot heading in the general direction of Hungerdown Lane will tell you, negotiating a safe passage down a slippery mud bank through a gap in the hedgerow until you reach the safety of the car park, is no laughing matter. The alternative route around the end of the hedgerow was no better on Wednesday, as there was a large puddle and lots of mud.

And before anyone says it, I've £20 to contribute towards some scalpings and my fork is at the ready to help try and drain the water. I can't do Saturday, but Sunday should be okay if there's any interest in a working party.

Note: This isn't a complaint about the club. It's a genuine offer to help with a problem which those who have reserved parking spaces might not be aware of.

That land has nothing to do with the football club or the social club. It’s council land.
If you walk along the main driveway the route is fine. The ‘gap in the hedge’ is just that, a gap in the hedge made by people taking a short cut, not intended as a route.

Last edited by Wellard (03/1/2020 8:23 PM)

03/1/2020 8:19 PM  #7

Very good Dauntsey, match day experience needs huge improvement, I like the shop and programme sales as we enter the ground at least we look like a club at that stage, 50/50, Golden goal and PA needs attention, I do like the pre match music since taken over by local radio. Early night as off to Kent tomorrow, come on you greys 

03/1/2020 9:25 PM  #8

Lots of work needs doing around the ground but these things take time, we're still relatively new to this level so things will be improved in time.

However we need bigger gates, we need more 'bums on seats' to use a saying. The sooner we get that the sooner we can invest that money back into the ground znd surrounding areas and of course the playing squad.

The club has come on leaps and bounds since I started going to games (I'm a Blackpool fan, born and bred but lived in Wiltshire since 2010) and I think the club can stay at this level for time to come, we just need patience.

Board footera