BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

07/12/2019 6:40 PM  #11

Re: Havant & Waterlooville (Away)

Yeah good post, we just can't catch a break at the moment.

07/12/2019 6:53 PM  #12

Pinkman wrote:

Why do we always concede late on

Of the 21 league goals we have conceded 10 (nearly half) have been after the 76th minute. Just saying.

07/12/2019 10:08 PM  #13

Manager and Chairman clearly unhappy with 2 big refereeing decisions which changed the game. I wasn't there so cannot comment. The league table doesn't make pleasant viewing but we have a game or two in hand and it's not today that counts it's the final day. We have been here before - plenty of games left.

08/12/2019 11:47 AM  #14

Lots of Pride and Passion, how we didn’t get something from that game is beyond me, played so well unfortunately Lady Luck is well and truly against us, absolutely nothing between the two teams on that showing. Sending off and penalty looked harsh from our view point. Jarvis running pre game and looked fit to me, two young lads in the dug out and with Whelan gone back maybe some new faces required for the busy time ahead.

08/12/2019 1:10 PM  #15

Just listened to the Havant manager on Twitter, very fair and complimentary to us.

08/12/2019 1:18 PM  #16

What’s the crack with Jarvis ?

08/12/2019 1:56 PM  #17

Chipp54 wrote:

Manager and Chairman clearly unhappy with 2 big refereeing decisions which changed the game. I wasn't there so cannot comment. The league table doesn't make pleasant viewing but we have a game or two in hand and it's not today that counts it's the final day. We have been here before - plenty of games left.

I wasn’t there neither, but I would have thought going down to 10 men was also a big factor  in our defeat.

09/12/2019 12:15 AM  #18

Bluebirds15 wrote:

What’s the crack with Jarvis ?

A source informed me at Havant Saturday that the chairman tried to bully Jarvis into going on loan to the league below after the Northampton game, re the club being top heavy. Jarvis said he wanted to stay and fight for his place. Due to him turning down the loan, the chairman does not want the player in the squad, against Mark and Gary's judgement.

From what I've seen and heard Jarvis is fully fit.

Anyone else heard similar?   

09/12/2019 10:18 AM  #19

It's a strange situation where our top scorer last season is apparently fit and available but not even on the bench. It's clear to most we probably have one striker too many and none of them are getting a run in the team and scoring. I know we're not allowed to express criticism over our big signing, but it seems we're were too tempted by his experience and didn't think that what we already had might have been enough.

09/12/2019 11:17 AM  #20

I think the manager coined the perfect summary, when you go to places like Havant, you don't get the rub of the green. It's sad really because a gritty performance on the road has been undone in large parts by some questionable decisions that have not only baffled Chippenham, but even the most staunch Havant supporters and managements could do nothing more than shrug their shoulders and just be glad to be on the right end of it all. 

The game turned on the sending off, we were without being "dangerous" easily the team in the ascendancy throughout much of the first half and early parts of the second, I felt that we were going about our business quietly and although we never really troubled Havant (aside from a very well worked, short free kick routine that lacked a finisher on the end of it), they did not trouble us at all and Will Puddy was arguably the most bored man in Southern England. Elias Youssef gets tackled, fairly from the view of most and then what happened after was crazy, held to the deck by the Havant player and grabbed around the throat Elias raises his hands the EXACT SAME OFFENCE as the Havant player, players come storming in right in front of the Havant dugout and all hell breaks loose, exacerbated by Havant to the point the church mouse crowd finally found some degree of voice with their first chant being "Off, Off, Off" the referee CORRECTLY sent Elias Youssef for an early bath. Expecting the same outcome for the Havant player who committed THE EXACT SAME OFFENCE, disappointment turned to anger for many when the referee brandished a yellow card instead of the red much to the amusement of the player, fans and everyone else inside Westleigh Park not wearing blue. This really set the tone for the end of the game. 

Once down to 10 as expected Havant began the flex their muscles somewhat, with the copious talent they have available and it would seem a little luck with the officials on their side they started to come forward more often although still unable to break the resolve of Chippenham's back four. It took the referee to unlock Chippenham. A break down the right hand side, Luke Haines and their winger, shoulder to shoulder with each other right to the edge of the 18 yard box. With this the experience told with the Havant man grabbing a healthy chunk of Luke's shirt, hitting the deck like he had been shot to win a rather unfair free kick.... but wait, the referee instead of giving the incorrect decision for the foul he also decided to aid Havant's cause by POINTING TO THE SPOT! 2 Things wrong with that decision, 1) It wasn't actually a foul, Luke was brought down by their man and should have been a free kick to Chippenham and 2) It was outside the box, a mistake not only confirmed by video footage but the referee ever so kindly elected to tell Chippenham's manager with supporters in ear shot that he "May have made a mistake their". Well you did make a mistake and it cost us big as Danny Kedwell slotted home the spot kick for Havant's first real chance to make Puddy work. 

Over the last couple of weeks, there have been some rather brainless comments about whether this team is playing for the manager, whether it is capable at this level and if we should be looking at this teams character if we are to stay in this division. Well, as good fortune would have it, the Blue Tinted Specs Brigade didn't even have to speak on this one, it was evident to all in attendance. Down to 10 men against the "Champions Elect" so to speak and the manager takes off Zebroski and puts on Karnell Chambers. Long throw from Haines, flicked on and Karnell with his first touch of the game, stabs Chippenham level for a very deserved equaliser. Despite being a man short, the underdogs and on a very tricky away pitch, we seemed to have snatched something from the game. 

The Havant winner was again, full of controversy. A move down the right hand side led to a deep cross from the Wing Back. Chris Paul the goalscorer had made a good run at the back post and was onside when the ball was kicked. However, both the referee and the linesman missed a crucial touch from the striker which helped the cross over the Chippenham defender and that touch, both vital in getting the ball to Chris Paul and clearly visible for all to see did however mean that Paul was offside as both Parselle and Richards had stepped forward at this point. He nodded the ball in at the back post and that was that, 2-1 to Havant with another very dubious goal. 

Now it is very easy sometimes to blame situations on poor officiating and I am not suggesting for a second that the referee single handed won the game for Havant however, 3 big decisions that were all incorrect and all in favour of the home side which not only our lads, but theirs and the referee himself have conceded that were incorrect, they really hurt and this hurt was evident in the bar afterwards with many disgruntled Chippenham fans voicing their opinion during their post match presentation and thoughts of manager Paul Doswell which he just kind of had to acknowledge and move past in (to his credit) a very professional way. A very emotionally charged away game for the travelling Chippenham faithful and may I say what a tremendous credit to the club that we had some 40-50 supporters in attendance for this one with many staying over for a night out in Portsmouth and it was such a good time. We went down to Gunwharf, watched the AJ fight, took in some drinks, there was karaoke, terrible dancing, a few more drinks and a great night had by all. December is going to be a vital month for us with games against Maidstone, Chelmsford, Bath and Dorking where we start as the proverbial underdogs in all bar one of those games realistically. However, if we show that same spirit as a club both on and off the pitch, we have no reason to fear the situation and instead can use this as a chance to pick up a couple of hard earned points, from those 4 games I would be over the moon with 6 points, anything more is a complete bonus, anything less and there is still no need to hit that panic button, this league is unforgiving and we know that. We also know that based on Saturday alone, we are capable of pushing the very best the league has to offer the full distance. 

Regarding Mr Jarvis, many people have seen, heard and spoke with people that are all going to have their own opinion. Personally for my money, a player of his quality is better served in the squad than on the sidelines and regardless of what people have heard, myself included it is always difficult to determine an absolute truth as I guess the only two people that will know is Nat Jarvis and Neil Blackmore. Personally I think if the player has elected to stay and fight for his place that is the kind of player we want at Chippenham Town and this is a man that let's not forget, was our clear Top Scorer last season, arguably one of the most important in the squad coming into this years efforts and I think (and again, just an opinion) is still in my top two strikers at the club in terms of ability and what he brings to the table. Hopefully this situation resolves and both the club and player can get back to last years harmony as little things like this we do not want distracting us from our goal. FA Cup 1st Round and Safety in the NLS, they are the goals for the year as set out by the board we have achieved 50% now it is time to allow us the best chance to complete the job. For my two pence worth, Jarvis helps us do so. 

Great performance, poor result, shocking referee, now we move on to Maidstone tomorrow night! 

COYMB

Board footera