BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

02/12/2019 11:07 AM  #1

Former Bluebird Tyrone Mings

I know he has been getting a lot of press lately, especially here at Chippenham for his recent turnouts in an England shirt. But, a big congratulations to former Chippenham Town FC defender, Tyrone Mings. His first Premier League Goal came yesterday at arguably one of the more glamorous places to do so, an equaliser against Manchester United at Old Trafford, they don't come much bigger than that.  

I am sure all Chippenham fans would agree that his story is an amazing one and we are very proud to be a small chapter in that journey to the top for Ty. Well done to the big man from the little town and keep putting in those performances that bring us that little extra bit of attention. 

02/12/2019 11:31 AM  #2

Re: Former Bluebird Tyrone Mings

A shame the club has nothing about him on display in the bar for example. Couldn't cost much to get an England shirt printed with his name and number on the back. 

02/12/2019 11:39 AM  #3

96chipp wrote:

A shame the club has nothing about him on display in the bar for example. Couldn't cost much to get an England shirt printed with his name and number on the back. 

That is a great idea Sir! And you are right, how difficult could that be to achieve. With the new Clubhouse being constructed under the new grant for ground improvements I am absolutely certain this would be something that the club could pop up on the wall as a mark of respect to a fantastic lad from Chippenham that made it right to the very top of the game. 

02/12/2019 1:02 PM  #4

96chipp wrote:

I actually have last seasons shirt signed by Tyrone Mings - he came to my wifes school promoting his academy. I'd be happy to donate

02/12/2019 1:14 PM  #5

What a kind gesture BB, what a top bloke. I am sure a signed Chippenham shirt, alongside his England shirt would make a wonderful display in the new bar or indeed the current one! Maybe we can put this forward at a future meeting

02/12/2019 1:48 PM  #6

TheVoice wrote:

What a kind gesture BB, what a top bloke. I am sure a signed Chippenham shirt, alongside his England shirt would make a wonderful display in the new bar or indeed the current one! Maybe we can put this forward at a future meeting

I think we'd be able to get next seasons shirt signed by him or potentially a CTFC shirt from the 2012 season (I don't have one myself) - might be better than my unrelated one.

02/12/2019 1:51 PM  #7

The only person I know who has the 2012 shirt is Bjorn to be honest lol! Think I am seeing him middle of January anyway or I know for certain my mother is. Maybe have a chat with some people over Christmas and see what we can come up with between us all. 

04/12/2019 10:46 PM  #8

TheVoice wrote:

The only person I know who has the 2012 shirt is Bjorn to be honest lol! Think I am seeing him middle of January anyway or I know for certain my mother is. Maybe have a chat with some people over Christmas and see what we can come up with between us all. 

Of course best mates you with him aren’t you.... bore off

12/12/2019 8:21 PM  #9

James wrote:

Actually voice mum and Tyrone mum are best of friends and have been since school. So 1 nil to voice

That’s means they know each other. Big difference and sad to see when someone gets famous the amount of wannabe hangers on giving it the big one that they hung around with him and smoked a fag in the donkey fields together

13/12/2019 12:48 PM  #10

James wrote:

Cooky wrote:

James wrote:

Actually voice mum and Tyrone mum are best of friends and have been since school. So 1 nil to voice

That’s means they know each other. Big difference and sad to see when someone gets famous the amount of wannabe hangers on giving it the big one that they hung around with him and smoked a fag in the donkey fields together

If you know both mums you would know that they meet up all of the time. Have done for the last 35 years or more. So I wouldn’t call it wannabe hangers on.

James, don't waste your breath on this creature mate. I don't feel the need to justify my friendships with whoever regardless of there personal standing. Tyrone is someone I grew up with because of our parents friendship and of course someone I got on well with because of a mutual love of football. I have every right to be proud of his achievements and I am very glad he has achieved what he has but it doesn't change anything but people like Cooky's view on matters. Been friends damn near all our lives, are we best mates? No, we are friends the same as he is friends with a great many people but that doesn't make them hangers on, it makes them friends of someone who got a break and is now a little more than just Tyrone from Sheldon, or Tyrone who plays for Chippenham. Cooky is probably just a little upset that his own warped view on friendship is tainted by a serious personality defect. He is like a one man Wizard of Oz, except he needs all three! Brains, Heart and a bit of Courage. I can't give you these things Cooky but if you would like an autograph or a signed photo or something I am sure it can be arranged. After all I only know him now he is famous person ;) 

Board footera