BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

25/11/2019 7:40 PM  #1

Trophy replay

I have just driven past the ground and although they are still advertising The FA cup game but there is nothing up about tomorrow night's game. The Trophy game wasn't even mentioned on BBC Wiltshire's sport segment this morning.

25/11/2019 8:29 PM  #2

Re: Trophy replay

Why not make that turn into the ground and go up and offer to change the board, I expect poor old Tony is up there slaving away. Just a thought, all help is appreciated

26/11/2019 8:11 AM  #3

I take it someone is responsible for the board, who knows maybe ill or even working, Hobgoblin maybe it’s something for you to take on instead of moaning all the time. I don’t expect a big crowd this evening but I’m still looking forward to another close game.

26/11/2019 10:45 AM  #4

Realistically, it's a social world now. Whilst I completely agree that the signage from the FA Cup should be down and the game should be advertised to the foot traffic and cars on the Bristol Road, Sunday to Tuesday does not offer a massively quick turnaround for media but still poor form from BBC Wiltshire Sport. Should be at least a little nod to the game tonight. Like Reginald I am not expecting a massive crowd but certainly expecting a result. We deserved more from the game Saturday and had a little luck gone our way and we not gone to sleep for 20-30 minutes in the first half, we may well have done.

Fully back the lads to come out and get the job done tonight, but what we need is as many people united behind them as possible, whatever team is put out, let's get behind the lads and see them into a tie against Oxford or Hornchurch and another cheeky away day ;) 

26/11/2019 11:37 AM  #5

I wasn't moaning just making an observation. By the way Reginald74 and Bluebirds15, I don't know you but I take it by your comments you give up your spare time to help the club? Those who know me are aware that I have given up my time for pre season and FA cup ground cleaning and publicity leaflet distribution, so as they say " Before you complain , have you volunteered." 

26/11/2019 11:37 AM  #6

Actually BBC Wilts had quite a long interview with Mark live this morning at 0835 hours and full mention of the game tonight.  People should not castigate those that mention that the FA Cup is still being shown on the bill board, should have been removed by now.  Hope there will be a good turn out tonight, although there is ample European football on BT sport tonight. COYB.

26/11/2019 4:06 PM  #7

Looking forward to tonight and feeling confident! However I suspect there will be a relatively small turnout.
I will go 3-1 and 387.

26/11/2019 5:36 PM  #8

Don’t take it as a dig hobgoblin, I’m sure you do much more than me. I support my local team by buying tickets, merchandise from the club shop for me and my boy and putting money behind the bar. So all credit too you for going that extra mile. I suspect 80% of people have smart phones and access to twitter etc, and I would suggest the board outside the ground has a minuscule impact on match day attendances If any so the fact it’s not updated is in my opinion whilst not ideal it’s not a big problem. People will know what games on through word of mouth and social media. If you think it does change it.

26/11/2019 6:46 PM  #9

Bluebirds15 wrote:

Don’t take it as a dig hobgoblin, I’m sure you do much more than me. I support my local team by buying tickets, merchandise from the club shop for me and my boy and putting money behind the bar. So all credit too you for going that extra mile. I suspect 80% of people have smart phones and access to twitter etc, and I would suggest the board outside the ground has a minuscule impact on match day attendances If any so the fact it’s not updated is in my opinion whilst not ideal it’s not a big problem. People will know what games on through word of mouth and social media. If you think it does change it.

I agree but it's the new casual fans we need to attract who might be tempted by seeing there's a game on as they drive by the ground.

26/11/2019 11:17 PM  #10

Well that will bring in the new casual fans! What a complete and utter pile of c—p that was, if anybody can see any positives from watching that then they are watching a different game to me. Some serious decisions need to be made regarding that team, too many youngsters with no experience who get knocked off the ball far to easily. Something needs to change quickly as the next time we play a home game we could be in the bottom 3 and going one way only. We have won 4 league games and 3 cup games (2 against lower league sides) all season, not a good record is it.

Last edited by AJG (27/11/2019 8:48 AM)

Board footera