BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

30/8/2019 4:25 PM  #11

Re: Tyrone Mings

As local lad, it's a brilliant achievement for him and his Dad who played for and managed Chippenham Town must be very proud. Quite why you would deny that the town, his school and the club where he was discovered (by Russel Osman) should also feel very proud I cannot understand. If only we'd had a proper contract for him when he was with us, the club would have benefited financially too several times over. I've only read it here in the past and so don't know if its true but it was said that the manager at the time he joined us (Rudge?) didn't think Ty was a high enough quality to warrant having a contract with a sell-on clause and we got just a token payment from Ipswich. If true, he got that very, very wrong.

30/8/2019 5:35 PM  #12

blueboo wrote:

Wellard, I have to support the Voice on this one, you are so negative, let it go and enjoy life a little.

Whatever, not everyone is a blue tinted as you and voice on here.
I make a couple of comments on Tyrone and how we played at Hungerford and now I’m mister negative because I won’t join the ass kissing brigade.
Bored with the forum already, thought this year would be different, what with the new admin but it’s the same, knowone open to different opinions that can have a debate without getting personal.
Bye bye

Last edited by Wellard (30/8/2019 10:08 PM)

31/8/2019 5:36 AM  #13

newfan wrote:

I've only read it here in the past and so don't know if its true but it was said that the manager at the time he joined us (Rudge?) didn't think Ty was a high enough quality to warrant having a contract with a sell-on clause and we got just a token payment from Ipswich. If true, he got that very, very wrong.

To be fair though how many players at the time did we have on contract? It's obvious in hindsight but who at the time would have thought he'd turn out to be a premiership and England player?

Board footera