BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

16/8/2019 11:49 AM  #1

Hungerford (AWAY)

So, another Saturday, another away day to look forward too albeit slightly less than the trek on Tuesday night. A nice little local derby of sorts so would be great to get as many of our fans there as possible, although somewhat hypocritically I am on "Daddy Duties" this weekend so will be unable to join you. 

Strange game this, Hungerford. They have always been a tricky side for us, playing with an immense amount of effort and enthusiasm, no more than you would expect from an Ian Herring side. He coaches like he played, hard, tough and scrappy. Getting anything from the game will require just that from our lads. We need to turn up. 

Should we be beating sides like this? Absolutely but we have no right to turn up there expecting it as often teams do and find them capable of doing some damage. These are the games that we truly need to be focusing on and I guarantee Mark and Gary will have the boys fired up to respond to a somewhat unfortunate defeat midweek (we may not have done enough to win the game, but certainly looked good value for a point on another night, we would have got it) 

Hungerford are packed full of familiar faces. Most notably the recent addition of James Constable to their forward line who we are all aware of his striking talents but that was 10 years ago ;) personally I think now as more the target man of the forward line we should have enough in Parselle and McDonald to contain him although write him off at our peril. Also Matt Jones of SPL league winning fame is a fairly solid choice at Left Back for the Crusaders. Technically a good left peg, strong in the challenge and will once again have a point to prove. Loves to get forward and put a dangerous cross but chance I feel will be limited with Pratt an absolutely defender from the front. Also Hungerford boast the scorer of one of my favourite ever Chippenham goals, Michael Jones who notched that 94th minute equaliser against National League Maidenhead to send us to a replay at York Road and send Hardenhuish Park into delirium (Please see the YouTube channel for more, truly my favourite reaction from home fans to a goal all season) and of course the gaffer Ian Herring who will be known to all of us for his solid contribution to the club in his time with us. 

A win here keeps us very comfortably flirting with the early pace setters, even at this early stage in the league season it's important to keep in touch. I have always played down our chances this season of being at the end of season extended party but truthfully this squad, under this manager who knows what we can expect. Dominant in our first two games and unlucky not to take all 3 points in both, a win against Billericay in a dominant performance and competitive until the last kick against Wealdstone. Can we keep this up? I guess only time will tell but as the gaffer always say.. The next game is the only focus, ON TO HUNGERFORD! #BLUEARMY

16/8/2019 4:45 PM  #2

Re: Hungerford (AWAY)

Since the relegation of Poole, Truro and Weston super Mare - Hungerford’s pitch must now be the National South’s most vulnerable to being called off due to rain, anyone know if there is a planned pitch inspection tomorrow.

17/8/2019 9:46 AM  #3

I will be happy with a point today, and let’s hope for some decent away support.

17/8/2019 5:33 PM  #4

A point and a goal for Pratt - happy with both

17/8/2019 6:07 PM  #5

Decent point given our poor record up there I guess.  No Klukowski on the bench again?

17/8/2019 6:27 PM  #6

We were lucky to get anything from that game. But a good point nonetheless.
Thought the goal looked like an OG to me.
Thoughts on game.
Pratty looks a shadow of his former self, no hassling and harrowing of the opposition, like we are used too.
AJ George gives the ball away far too much, maybe time to give Klukowski a start or Rigg?
Hooper looks no different to when he was last with us...ineffective.
Rhys had a torrid time against their number 7.
Zewbroski look useful when he came on and probably worth a start.
Constable played well, hold up and link up played were excellent and should have scored with a header.

17/8/2019 6:30 PM  #7

A good point by all accounts. I wouldn’t read too much into squad selection at this early stage. The beauty of having a squad is rotation. There are going to be players that don’t make the 11, there are going to be occasions when players don’t make the 16. It’s all a part of the process. Looking at that bench today it was as strong as any bench in the division.

Another precious point to add to the pot and I for one am very happy with the start we have made. Very unforgiving division and not once in five games have we ever been out of a chance. No team has gone more than one up on us, we’ve had a chance to take something right to the last kick in five consecutive matches and that’s massive.

Well done lads. Looking forward to getting you back home Saturday for a game against a newly promoted side who have made a dream start, second in the table Weymouth. Who would have thought we would be saying that after five! But at home fancy us to add to the tally!!

#markcolliersblueandwhitearmy

17/8/2019 6:49 PM  #8

Would love to know how many days we’ve occupied 13th spot over the last 2 years. Must be a record.

Lucky to still be in it at half time but rallied 2nd half and nicked a point. Is Jarvis carrying a knock? Can’t believe our top Goalscorer last year hasn’t got more minutes to date

17/8/2019 8:55 PM  #9

Another point away from home, thought we were poor for 25mins and could of been down and out, looks like we have some resolve and upped the game 2nd half. Good to see Rigg back following injury and Curtis looked like he was back to his old self. Zebroskie brings a lot to the table, AJ is like Marmite in truth. Jarvis looks out of favour as does Yan. I am happy with a point at what has become a graveyard for us over the years. Good to see a healthy following in Blue.

18/8/2019 10:34 AM  #10

All very well keep rotating, but would be good to see a settled front three, and why is Yan not even in the squad, had a great pre season, and yet no minutes so far in the league, why? Roll on Weymouth.

Board footera