BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/8/2019 9:38 AM  #11

Re: Big Spending Ricay

Reginald74 wrote:

hobgoblin wrote:

Thought I'd wait until I had seen a couple of games before posting this season. Todays result was great although it looked like we would suffer from the curse of playing 10 men. There were times when we were hanging on to our one goal lead and it looked like we would drop the two points. Some valiant defending and a great penalty save by Puddy. Couldn't fault the workrate of the entire team especially in the terrible conditions. Ricay drop 8 places with that result and we move up to 9th , I know which manager will be happier after the game, the other could be checking his phone for a text from his chairman. Good assist for the second goal from Zebroski, needs some game time with the rest of the team. Luke looked more like a forward in the first half than he did on Tuesday but Ricay had big physical defenders for him to contend with.To summarize after 3 games we look solid at the back ( with McDonald still to come back) and we have forwards who should get plenty goals once they get there eye in, so safe mid table.

Thank you Director of football.

Well what was your take on the last two games, I take it you were there ?

11/8/2019 3:05 PM  #12

How pleasant it is to see much positivity! Whatever happened to the doom and gloom of mere days ago ;)

Absolutely phenomenal performance yesterday from every single man, a real testament to the work put in by Mark and Horgs to bring this squad together, drill it correctly and ensure that so called “bigger teams” won’t be coming to us and having their own way!

It wouldn’t be easy to select a MoM from yesterday with so many stand out performers, Gunner was immense, Youssef again superb, they all were but for my two pence worth I’m going to give it to Kieran Parselle. I thought he was the absolute embodiment of taking the fight to the opposition. Solid as a rock, clean sheet and against arguably the best aerial striker in the league in Rhead, the bloke didn’t get a sniff. My player of the year last term, armband chucked on him and it’s like he’s found a 6th gear!?! Absolute leader.

The lads earned the plaudits at full time and quite contrasting to the scenes from Billericay fans arguing and having very visible failings out with their team as they came out to warm down, with their experienced goalkeeper clearly struggling in his role as peacemaker. Let this be a warning to all of you “big time” clubs in the division. We aren’t this small village pub team you think we are. Come down here and please I’m begging you, keep underestimating us. Makes it that much sweeter when you walk away bemoaning your day out with nothing to show for it.

We move on to Wealdstone now Tuesday night, another daunting prospect and even the most optimistic of Chippenham fans will be happy to take a point from this one, but if ever there was a time to be optimistic, it’s off the back of performances like yesterday.

Mark’s post match interview really said it all, what a headache to have! A completely interchangeable squad where any one of 16/18 players could be deemed first team. We have a great little team here. Let’s continue to get behind it and by all means let’s get a little excited but stay focussed on our goal. Staying in the league, improving year by year and consolidating our reputation to try and entice more through the gates at Hardenhuish Park!

11/8/2019 8:06 PM  #13

Its all been said really - a fantastic team effort. Maybe you could ask 5 different people who their MOM was and get 5 different answers. Much credit must also go to manager and coach for the way the team was set up.
It wasn't just the Billericay fans and captain who had a shouting match at the end, their manager had very strong words with a disgruntled fan behind the dugout.

A great afternoon out despite getting soaked!

11/8/2019 9:12 PM  #14

Great game, and just shows individuals don't make a team. Big spending Billericay, should go and buy some class, as they clearly don't have any. Manager a lout, dugout remedial, and players don't respect their fans. They are everything bad about non league football. Well done CTFC.

12/8/2019 8:21 AM  #15

Not sure I can add anything to what's already been said just a great day to support this club I still pinch myself sometimes that Chippenham are playing at this level and to put in a performance like that against one of the big spending teams is something to remember for a long time. All credit to Mark, Horgs and the board for getting us where we are. And it's great to read so many positive comments on here too.

12/8/2019 9:26 AM  #16

Fully agree with Nicks comments above. Saturday's performance was one of the best I've seen for a while if I'm honest. To put it in perspective we had 3 teenager's in midfield on Saturday who looked at home at this level and played their hearts out, as did the whole of the Team. It would be good to keep this early season run going as we have some tough old games coming up, starting at Wealdstone on Tuesday - COYMB

17/9/2019 7:26 AM  #17

This guy Tamplin really is a piece of work. Behave's like the original spoilt brat - when he can't get his own way, the toys come flying out the pram. This situation at Ricay was mentioned in the Non-League newspaper on Sunday, and I thought then another sacking was on the cards. The problem is that with the reputation Tamplin has created as being a 'hire and fire merchant', any half decent Manager looking for work (Bobby Williamson - ex Wealdstone boss comes to mind) will give Ricay a wide berth - I certainly would - In my view a joke of a club at the moment. We are extremely lucky at CTFC to have a Chairman, and a board of Diectors who has a vision for the future of the club, which involves stability throughout the club. That is how to run and manage a football club at this level - COYMB

17/9/2019 9:43 AM  #18

I sort of come down on the fence about Tamplin. I think his methods are absolutely shocking when viewed from a purely media based standpoint and dear god the man doesn't do himself any favours at times with his actions but I think if you ask most Billericay fans if the good outweighs the bad with GT they would probably argue he has done more for the club than most would ever have expected. I think that large parts of what we see are blown out of proportion and because there is such a microscope on Billericay and a lot of fans are either envious or obsessed with their going's on I think it's taken a little far. 

Take this for example. It is far more likely the reason for Wheeler's departure is because he commands a huge wage, they aren't getting results and they have quite an ample leader in Jamie O'Hara. This would be different if they had no one I am sure but they did and results indicate that Billericay are doing ok, but is ok enough for a club that is literally pulling men out of the football league to come and play for them? I mean I genuinely heard people at Chelmsford on Saturday voice concern at the fact we only picked up a point at Chelmsford! Expectation is a difficult thing to manage and yes I am sure GT has a very different idea of how this season should be going but they are not the only team with good players, money and stature and they are one of the few teams with a genuine target on their back. 

As for Wheeler I would be fairly certain this is nothing to do with Archie Tamplin not being played. He is a 17 year old academy graduate with a decent future in front of him and probably because of who his father is, may have been afforded a little extra in terms of opportunity, but is that not why we work hard, to give our kids the very best start? If this is accurate and because of the lack of use where the academy is concerned, i'll be shocked especially seeing Tamplin's MO seems to be spend big for big. 

I am sure however, a manager would be in place should Jamie not work out and I cannot imagine many would turn down the opportunity to go there however erratic the chairman might be, it's a huge gig, arguably the biggest budget in the league and there aren't many managers that would turn that down. 

And yes we are lucky at CTFC to have Neil, he really does tend to get things done the right way and is a hard working and hands on chairman that deserves all the accolades he receives. He works very well with the manager, the two of them are a partnership that I really trust. Neil and Mark are always striving for better and the dynamic between them is that of success. They have taken us out of the Southern League and established us as a club in the National League South, they now deserve our support as we look toward the next goal. COYMB 

Board footera