BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

06/8/2019 6:14 PM  #11

Re: Oxford City (HOME)

Gutted not to be there tonight have not missed a home game since I don't know when, but I have to suffer another two months in the ibizan sun,

07/8/2019 7:10 AM  #12

Massive disappointment for me as the first home game of the season. Needed to be an encouragement for new fans and that wasn't it.

The playing surface does look great so why did we not play passing football? Too many over hit long balls and no service to the 3 strikers. Flukey first goal and equaliser seemed inevitable. They obviously needed to come up with a response to losing 3-0 on Saturday and in doing so made us look below average

07/8/2019 7:19 AM  #13

Certainly played better on Saturday, relegation favourites remember, previously posted.

07/8/2019 7:37 AM  #14

I felt this was the proverbial game of 2 halves. We looked pretty solid going up the slope in the first half, with Rhys Tyler looking very impressive in my view. As people have stated the seconded half we were disappointing, and unfortunately the delay for the floodlight issue unsettled both sides I thought. I'm not convinced this 3 strikers up front formation works, and I thought we made some headway when Chambers came on - Oxford did not like his pace and trickery. The 2 players who really caught my eye was Luke Haines, who looked solid all evening, and Youseff (don't know his Christian name yet !) whose surging runs from midfield reminded me of Josh Smile. Billericay on Saturday will be a toughy ! They have Jon Rhead in their ranks, who played for Lincoln City last season - that I'm afraid is the level of player we will be up against - COYMB

07/8/2019 8:43 AM  #15

Sorry to have to start with doom and gloom. I can only see this season going one way. Yes the forwards display lots of industry, but will never trouble a well marshalled defence!
Time to bring in some experience. After last night can't see these player converting enough chances! Also no impact player from the bench! On a positive note the pitch looked great. This should stop the bigger CS sides moaning about our pitch!

07/8/2019 9:08 AM  #16

I thought we were too narrow with Pratt, Jarvis & Hopper all playing, we didn't seem to have any width to trouble Oxford.  They're no mugs by the way - I wouldn't look too much into their result last Saturday, you get strange results early season.  Having said that I thought overall we kept a good shape, and the new signings all showed up very well.  I always felt we needed the second goal, and had the ball gone in instead of hitting the post we'd have gone on to win I'm sure.  Ifs and buts.  Apart from Hopper they are all very young so not all doom and gloom in my eyes, we're two points in front of Braintree and Maidstone, who'd have thought that? ;-)

07/8/2019 10:25 AM  #17

Unbeaten in two, one goal conceded in 180 minutes of football. Strikers finding their feet. It will all come good. Last night feels like a loss because of the manner, and to be honest, a lot of people will have got caught up in thinking Oxford were ripe for the picking. They are a good side, and showed that last night with a good amount of possession football and moving the ball creatively without ever really threatening. Felt we allowed them the ball in safe places and were undone by a quick free kick with an assist from our mate in black. Literally opened up an angle for the crosser which is criminal but what needs to be said about officials at this level that hasn't already. On another night we win that 3/4 clear. But let's not lose sight of the big picture. 560 odd at home on a Tuesday night, unbeaten so far this campaign and only going to get stronger. Big test this weekend against the money men from Essex, we always do well against the "bigger" sides in the division and so far this season they have looked extremely vulnerable when pressed. 

07/8/2019 11:26 AM  #18

blackandamber wrote:

Sorry to have to start with doom and gloom. I can only see this season going one way. Yes the forwards display lots of industry, but will never trouble a well marshalled defence!
Time to bring in some experience. After last night can't see these player converting enough chances! Also no impact player from the bench! On a positive note the pitch looked great. This should stop the bigger CS sides moaning about our pitch!

Really surprised you are doom and gloom not like you at all, young players come cheap remember, experience costs.

07/8/2019 11:41 AM  #19

Assess after 6-8 games, we all see areas we would do differently, I myself have had reservations about signings etc but give the lads a chance and you’ll start to gauge where we are at after first few weeks. Till then enjoy having football back

07/8/2019 12:05 PM  #20

Enjoyed being back at HP last night, although a game to forget. Pitch looks great. I cant see how playing three strikers works unless at least one of them goes wide and becomes provider, or a midfielder/full back pushes up and does the job. However the team gave their all, looked very fit and I am sure we have some better games to come. Lots to look forward to, starting with Billericay on Saturday.

Board footera