BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

05/8/2019 10:14 AM  #1

Oxford City (HOME)

So hear it be, the one the majority have been waiting for! The first game, at home, under the lights for Mark and the Boys. We welcome Oxford City to Hardenhuish Park tomorrow night. After a very encouraging start to the season at St Albans (if you didn't make the trip, might I suggest a quick browse on their YouTube channel to see how dominant we were) we lie 13th after one game. Mark and the lads will be very confident of adding to the points tally again Tuesday against an Oxford side that will deserve full respect but I am sure many are confident that we will be the better side against. With the local EFL sides all playing in that weird competition that allows youth teams in, tomorrow we will not be up against it in terms of attractive football elsewhere, so get yourselves down to the Park! This team deserves every body and voice of encouragement in what will be a very important game early doors. There are simply put, no easy games in the league this year so winnable on paper games like this, it really does make all the difference to have HP turn into a fortress.

#BLUEARMY

05/8/2019 1:06 PM  #2

Re: Oxford City (HOME)

A good crowd and a good performance with home win would make it a great start to the season. Only 4 home games before end of September so let's hope the locals get behind the team. See you all tomorrow!!!

05/8/2019 2:42 PM  #3

I am hoping for decent support tomorrow, the manager has asked for our backing I for one will be banging the drum.

05/8/2019 7:50 PM  #4

nickgolledge wrote:

A good crowd and a good performance with home win would make it a great start to the season. Only 4 home games before end of September so let's hope the locals get behind the team. See you all tomorrow!!!

Think you’ll find it’s 6 Nick, plus the possibility of a home draw in FA Cup on 21st September (or if away might get a replay)

05/8/2019 11:27 PM  #5

Working again, don't know when I will get to see my first game, so frustrating.
Good luck to the team tomorrow night, let's get a good result.

06/8/2019 7:31 AM  #6

Nigel, the Head Groundsman from Stanley Park, gave the pitch it's 'match-cut' yesterday evening, and I have to say it does look magnificent - probably the best it's looked in my long association with CTFC, and that is going back a very long time. One or two minor areas still need a little TLC and rain, but all look extremely good. I think when people arrive this evening, they will be delighted how good it does look. If the boy's cannot turn on a performance on a surface like that this evening, then I will be surprised - COYMB

06/8/2019 8:09 AM  #7

Thanks Charlie Bird the fixtures I printed when they first went on twitter must have changed!

06/8/2019 10:24 AM  #8

I'll be in the club house from 7. Feel free to come over and hurl abuse at me.

06/8/2019 12:17 PM  #9

BlackpoolBluebird wrote:

Or we could just say thank you for keeping our little forum going with a degree of common sense applied?

06/8/2019 4:32 PM  #10

TheVoice wrote:

BlackpoolBluebird wrote:

Or we could just say thank you for keeping our little forum going with a degree of common sense applied?

Board footera