BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

14/5/2019 12:17 PM  #11

Re: New Signing

That’s a good spine, think I seen rigg mentioned too. I would like Richards added to that, what we lacked last season was consistency, I’m sure we all agree on our day we were a match for anyone but couldn’t replicate it week after week. Chelmsford finished 4th and have just released 13 players, no one stands still in this league. The names you mentioned there toyboy were probably our most consistent performers and to turn out results week in week out that’s what we need so I’m happy with that. A few new faces are needed and experience to grind out this 1-0 wins or hang on for a draw away from home (welling).

14/5/2019 2:42 PM  #12

Bluebirds15 wrote:

That’s a good spine, think I seen rigg mentioned too. I would like Richards added to that, what we lacked last season was consistency, I’m sure we all agree on our day we were a match for anyone but couldn’t replicate it week after week. Chelmsford finished 4th and have just released 13 players, no one stands still in this league. The names you mentioned there toyboy were probably our most consistent performers and to turn out results week in week out that’s what we need so I’m happy with that. A few new faces are needed and experience to grind out this 1-0 wins or hang on for a draw away from home (welling).

Difficult to find consistency with so many injuries. Imagine Richards was offered a deal.

14/5/2019 6:15 PM  #13

Return of the Pratt...

The club are very pleased to announce following discussions with Mark Collier and Gary Horgan, David Pratt has agreed terms for the coming season.

Manager Mark Collier said “ David was top of our priority list when we discussed recruitment, he finished as Wealdstone's top goal scorer last season and will add undoubted firepower to our offensive options, his work rate and desire ensures his signature will prove very popular with the fans “

Last edited by BlackpoolBluebird (14/5/2019 6:15 PM)

14/5/2019 6:44 PM  #14

Yes it's great t have him back, just one question, he left us chasing the money so have we bust the budget to get him back ?

14/5/2019 7:07 PM  #15

I seem to remember he had an offer from Wealdstone that he couldn’t turn down so he’s been there done that.  No doubt he doesn’t come cheap but wouldn’t think we’ve pushed the boat out too far to get him back?  Anyway, a very welcome return.  If he reaches the same level of performance as his previous stint with us we’ve got a very good player.

14/5/2019 8:04 PM  #16

Great news, welcome back Pratty.

14/5/2019 8:56 PM  #17

Great signing, well done all concerned.

15/5/2019 7:23 AM  #18

Excellent news indeed - Welcome back to CTFC David. Read this news last night and have not stopped smiling since. Hopefully with Pratty re-signed that will encourage those players who have not re-signed for next season to do so now. Pratty bring a different and exciting dimension to our style of play, and I wonder what the Manager has in mind for the forward line. Will he bring in a big front man (Beano possibly ?),with Jarvis and Pratt playing off said player. Exciting times ahead I feel - COYMB

15/5/2019 7:56 PM  #19

Welcome Home Dave.  A great signing.  Congratulations to Mark, Horgs and the board.  The crowds will be up. And that's just Daves family. 😂😎

16/5/2019 11:00 AM  #20

First off.... What a signing by the way, trust me when I say this wouldn't have been the bank busting move that Wealdstone made for Dave a year ago. Pratty would have taken a portion of cheesy chips to come home by the sounds of things and I for one am glad that signature is in the books and he is coming back. James Constable as mentioned many times before is now 34 and struggling for a place in the side at Southern Premier Poole Town... my immediate thoughts are even as much as I love nostalgia, Beano would be a ludicrous signing when our current confirmed strikers are Nat Jarvis and Dave Pratt and the only way Beano breaks into that side is if a) we change the formation and system to reflect he now has all the pace of a broken shopping trolley and b) we do not resign Nick McCootie who for me would be a much better "target man" for Jarv and Pratty to play off. His aerial ability is top draw, hold up play is incredible and as much as people can talk about the "mistakes" I think he has quite good feet and knows his way to goal. Knowing Mark and Gary there will be plenty of comings and goings over the next few, so speculation is always fun but one thing I will say is..... DAVE PRATT'S ON FIRE YOUR DEFENCE IS TERRIFIED!! Welcome home boy! 

Personally am over the moon with a few of the re-sign's Jarv and Rigg in particular. Tindle was never going anywhere after his herculean effort to recover from injury and rip his place back in the heart of the back four and Rutty looks like a bright spark as well. Dean Evans was colossal in the later stages of the season and Parselle was my player of the season and I would suggest the most important of all of those signatures in my not so humble. I would love to see Puddy/McDonald/Smile/NickMcCootie/added to that list as well as a matter of urgency but in Collier We Trust.. 

What news of our annual raid of Bath City? They had some real quality players this year ;) 

Board footera