BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

03/10/2012 8:21 AM  #1

Bedford Game lost 0 - 2

A very disappointing game. If we took our chances in the first half would have been a different result.
We look a mid table team, too many long balls last night, did not play to feet, and the long balls were wasteful and just gave the ball back to Bedford who were a mediocre hard working side who probably deserved the win.

Roll on a cup run, to generate a bit of money as another small crowd last night.

03/10/2012 9:18 AM  #2

Re: Bedford Game lost 0 - 2

Game of two halves really!

First half we started well with a high tempo creating a number of chances. Couldn't understand why Griffiths started on the bench given recent form, but I guess he might be carrying an injury. Thought Phillips struggled again last night missing an absolute sitter which would have led to a different result if he had scored. Sad to say, but I think time has caught up with Phillips, he is working very hard but it's not happening for him at the moment.

Thought the new centre back started very tentatively, missing a number of headers against a much shorter opponent. He grew a bit in stature in the second half but still looked a bit suspect. I saw him playing for the Mango's where he looked much more commanding so I hope in time he will improve. His pedigree is unquestionable so I think he will get there once his fitness increases. Casey did a lot of covering for him last night and is much more mobile, so between them I think they will form a good partnership.

Another good performance from Mingsy Jr. and I thought Barnes also did well. Shame about Ballinger's injury which looked like a calf problem.

Game should have been out of sight after the first half but it just goes to show how important it is to score when on top.

We need to stay positive!!

Last edited by silver (03/10/2012 9:18 AM)

03/10/2012 9:31 AM  #3

I guess there was a valid reason for it but I question why we re-arranged this game to fall in between two big cup matches.  What was the thinking behind this?   If I was a player I wouldn’t have fancied last nights match, I would have preferred a clear week to avoid any injuries or clear up the ones we’ve already got.  And with Champions League football on the TV coinciding with asking people to fork out three times in 8 days………….

03/10/2012 12:48 PM  #4

Insideleft wrote:

I guess there was a valid reason for it but I question why we re-arranged this game to fall in between two big cup matches.  What was the thinking behind this?   If I was a player I wouldn’t have fancied last nights match, I would have preferred a clear week to avoid any injuries or clear up the ones we’ve already got.  And with Champions League football on the TV coinciding with asking people to fork out three times in 8 days………….

Could be that Rudge wanted to play the game before we loose Connor to the pro game?

How bad were the officials - Griffin was persistantly fouled but got no protection - blatant hand ball in first half that only the officials failed to see and then the goal ruled out by the lines man only to have the ref overule him. Richard Fey could be seen demonstrating how griff was being fouled as he walked off with the ref at halftime - he took no notice. The officials did not loose us the game but they really didn't give us much of a chance.

Board footera