BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

22/2/2019 2:00 PM  #1

Bath City redevelopment

You may or may not be aware that there's a consultation process going on to redevelop Twerton Park - their forum is worth a read on this subject. Here's a comment that made me chuckle..........by Big Ears maybe?

One of the main attractions to City is we're not a Chippenham, Hungerford, Poole, Concord etc., with a little noddy ground, but we have a ground that feels proper and has an actual "football vibe", rather than a Western League one man and his dog feel.

22/2/2019 4:15 PM  #2

Re: Bath City redevelopment

Breaking news from this evening's Bath Chronicle that a gang of youths were arrested last night outside Twerton Park, after setting fire to the main stand, causing five pence worth of damage. The good people of Twerton arranging a collection for repairs !!! 

22/2/2019 5:06 PM  #3

Five pence worth of damage you say eh Toyboy? £5 worth of improvements more like ;). How they can criticise our ground when they have toilets that are nothing more than a (badly) painted wall washing into a trough cut into the concrete floor I'll never know. We have nice stainless steel urinals and lino on the floor. 

22/2/2019 8:08 PM  #4

Would you rather have a little noddy ground like ours.....or be 1 million in debt and losing over 100k a year...you choose
Redeveloping it is their only option to survive is redevelopment...good idea but installing a crappy 3G pitch is not. They’ve always had good pitch.

Last edited by Wellard (22/2/2019 8:15 PM)

23/2/2019 12:45 AM  #5

A noddy ground that passes all the requirements of the league with a proper grass pitch is my preferred option Wellard. I suspect well over 90% of our fans would make the same choice. 

23/2/2019 12:57 PM  #6

Yep totally agree. That was sort of the point I was making.
Hate 3G, know one slide tackles, although we do need to our pitch out....reducing the number of games played on it might help!!

25/2/2019 5:54 PM  #7

Just seen the artists impression of the Bath City development. If this goes ahead does anyone know where they are going to play during the work?

18/3/2019 1:18 PM  #8

Henry Trign - your postings are obscure to say the least - please explain ?

18/3/2019 2:12 PM  #9

It's not exactly the new Whart Hart Lane is it!?!

06/4/2019 3:16 PM  #10

Really poor showing. We were lucky to get 0. Hard to say now but we made Bath look like a football league club.

Board footera