BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

29/9/2012 6:07 PM  #1

4-0

To Chippenham last I heard Griff x 2 Griffiths x 2

29/9/2012 7:48 PM  #2

Re: 4-0

Shame I missed it - a great result.
From the G&H it was Griffin - assist Griffiths, Griffiths assist Griffin, Griffiths assist Griffin, Griffin assist Egan.
Are we are developing a strike partnership ?

30/9/2012 10:39 AM  #3

A very solid confident all round performance, some quality finishing. I,ve said before on here Deano Griffiths will shine for us, his pace is scary, deffenders at our level can't cope with it. We now have good options up front and midfield, we are possibly a big centre back light. Confidence levels are rising the players are looking a tighter unit now, things are heading in the right direction. Another £2550 in the bank. Bring on Bedford Town Tue night, and then the  Badshot Lea on Sat in the Fa Cup. Well done again Nath, Rich and the boys.                                      

Oh Yeah  Happy Birthday Toby O.

Last edited by Jono (30/9/2012 10:50 AM)

30/9/2012 3:43 PM  #4

A good all round performance.  Although Marine seemed a shadow of the side of recent times it's always nice to give them a good drubbing 

First time I've seen Tyrone in Town colours - nice to see an athletic and powerful left back, he could be some player.  Not sure I liked the incident near the end where he clearly forced the refs hand in dishing out a second yellow to Bohane, but I guess that's the state of the game these days.  As an aside Bohane's Dad (Mickey) was in the Town side who won the Western League Div 1 title in 1980 - wonder if he was there yesterday?

Agree with Jono, we are possibly short of a big centre back.  How about that giant at Mango? 

Big week coming up now.  3 points needed against Bedford then a chance to get into the hat for the 4th Qualifying Round of the FA Cup.  It's time we had a the rub of the green there.  COYB!

30/9/2012 7:05 PM  #5

Great team effort in a local derby ! I said before the game that league positions go out the window in a local derby but I was wrong because apart from one save by Connor it was all us. Dean G did really well and took his goals well and I liked Tyrone again . Going to be interesting week this and I'm hoping the town really support this young team . See you all Tuesday

01/10/2012 6:30 PM  #6

The best we have played all season I thought - but very poor opposition who got away with some dubious off the ball stuff which I hope the ref assessor noted.

Griffiths gets better every time I see him play and works well with Alan. I think Philips is going to have to play second fiddle for a while if he continues in this form and doesnt get injured or suspended - which probably isn't what plan A was when Rudgie signed them.

As to centre back we have just signed the one from Mangos I see, and another goalie (hopefully just injury cover for cup runs?)

02/10/2012 10:44 AM  #7

Yes Deano is getting better and has now scored 3 good goals - however he does let himself down sometimes by getting simple things swrong. maybe just a confidence issue and at least he is making progress. His lightening fast pace is good to ahve on board.
Heard rumours that Connor is likely to be moving on into the pro game which probably explains the goalie signing.
Former Mangoes man has lots of pro experience and he did stand out in the match against them. Could be good for us.

Board footera