BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

22/9/2012 3:48 PM  #1

FA Cup Vs Bishops Cleeve

Can't make it so here's an update. Losing 1-0 but Cleeve down to 10 men.

Lets Make The Magic Happen..

22/9/2012 4:23 PM  #2

Re: FA Cup Vs Bishops Cleeve

Barnes nets his first goal for the Bluebirds 1-1.

22/9/2012 4:33 PM  #3

1-2 Casey the tide has turned.

22/9/2012 4:43 PM  #4

Or has it... Harvey sent off. FA cup, Elbows and all that. Should be an interesting last 5 mins.

22/9/2012 4:58 PM  #5

Final score 1-2 Chipp! KerChing!

22/9/2012 8:04 PM  #6

KerChing indeed!  I'd have settled for a replay but that's a great result.  Shame no-one apart from the good Lord Voldermort was on here this afternoon keeping us updated.  Anyone who attended the game like to give their views on the game?

I notice a certain Ross Stearn scored one of the WSM goals at Frome.

22/9/2012 11:21 PM  #7

Okey doke, here goes. On 14 and 22 mins Cleeve forced two good saves from Conor Thompson before going up on 30 mins thro Mike Tambling. Several off side decisions against us in the first 15 mins when the game was even-ish. First good chance for us fell to Griff whose shot in front of goal was tipped over the bar by their keeper who also kept successive point blank range shots out from Barnes and Griff late in the first half. 1-0 Cleeve at half time and we didn't look a league above them. Will Gayton who had the 22 min shot for Cleeve was sent off after 30 mins (couldn't see why). Second half we looked better and made the extra player count but Cleeve still made a game of it. Barnes made it 1-1 on 60-ish minutes and Casey made it 2-1 on 70. Shortly after, Harves was redded for an elbow. A tense last few minutes but we held out. Not one of our better performances but a win is a win and we're in the next round.Their keeper looked good and kept them in it in the first half with some excellent saves.

23/9/2012 2:03 PM  #8

Great result and in the next round . Performance in first half wasn't good but 2nd half we dominated it. Pitch and balls were awful and they really tried making it hard for us . Thought the two subs changed the game ballingers first touch set up the goal and Phillips made us look alot more attacking . Support was excellent and the noise was loud and great to see the players celebrating with the supporters when we scored . Well done nath and rich hopefully bath at home next round

23/9/2012 7:48 PM  #9

I'd say youve got that about right Andy, It was their cup final and they made a real fight of it, I think we were set up a little bit negative in the first half, that allowed Cleeve to take the game to us.Their sending off helped us. Shame about Harvey's late sending off, he was absolutely gutted and embarrassed when he came off,he has played at his very best for the last 3 - 4 games,now he will miss 3 games. I would prefer to draw Yate, Sholing or Didcott. Its £7500 for the winners of the next round. Well done Nath, Rich and the boys   

Board footera