BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/10/2018 7:01 AM  #11

Re: v Hendon

I didn't see the flare throwing but agree with all that's been said on that.

We were just too good for them and it seemed to me that we had watched them and decided they were vunerable to a ball over the top with our front two running on to that. Two of the goals came from a well placed kick from House who was excellent and must have disappointed to not keep a clean sheet.

Agree about Callum Gunnar I thought he had a terrific game and should play himself into a regular spot

11/10/2018 7:32 AM  #12

Great result, Javis and Mcoote look a very strong pairing and were to much for Hendon. Gunner did well and must be in contention for Saturday, how bad is Evans knock ?

11/10/2018 8:41 AM  #13

I thought last night's performance was a thoroughly professional one, and I do not really want to single out anyone in particular, because the whole team were excellent. Hendon could not cope with our pace up front, and the defense looked composed and solid. I was totally underwhelmed by Hendon, who according to their Forum were coming down to do a job on us. Apart from their consolation goal they huffed and puffed but could not match us for pace and skill. Considering that was very much a 'squad' side last night, the representatives from Maidenhead United last night must be wondering which CTFC will face them next week - let's keep them guessing eh ?  COYMB

11/10/2018 8:45 AM  #14

newfan wrote:

We were just too good for them and it seemed to me that we had watched them and decided they were vunerable to a ball over the top

Didnt manage the game or to post in the buildup but it was evident in the replay. Yes they won, but looked severely vulnerable to a quickish lad up front. Had Lancing had a bit more quality then the scoreline may have been less flattering. Anyhow different game against maidenhead. COYB!

Last edited by Ronnie Pickering (11/10/2018 9:04 AM)

Want a bare knuckle fight? I'll knock you out you Cnut.

11/10/2018 9:11 AM  #15

First of all lets get the nights nasty business out of the way. This was not a spontaneous act, someone came to our ground equipped with a flare intent on causing trouble. In my opinion he should have been detained and handed over to the police ( who would tell him not to be a naughty boy and nothing more). At least this would show the FA that the club will not tolerate this kind of behaviour.
Right now the good stuff. I have in the past questioned McCootie's commitment and fitness on this forum, but last night he was on fire and their defence had no answer to him. Saying that the whole team were really up for it and Mark and Horg's should be proud of the boys and the rest of squad on the sick and injured list will struggle to find a place in this team. Apart from Nick I thought Smiles was outstanding. Now bring on Maidenhead, the only problem is that I can't get to this game, maybe the FA will move it to Sunday.

11/10/2018 10:41 AM  #16

Jamielec18 wrote:

It’s an absolute shame that a few people think it’s okay to let off flares and endanger not only the opposition goalie but to other fans around him!

Yes, I think we all know who you are referring to, Jamielec18. To quote him: “Hardly worth mentioning really.”

Thank heavens that plonkers like him are in a minority amongst our fans.

Last edited by Yorkie (11/10/2018 10:57 AM)

11/10/2018 11:47 AM  #17

Yorkie wrote:

Jamielec18 wrote:

It’s an absolute shame that a few people think it’s okay to let off flares and endanger not only the opposition goalie but to other fans around him!

Yes, I think we all know who you are referring to, Jamielec18. To quote him: “Hardly worth mentioning really.”

Thank heavens that plonkers like him are in a minority amongst our fans.

Yes, plonkers is the word for them. I’m not saying much about this incident, I looking to Saturday against Dartford now.

11/10/2018 12:22 PM  #18

Some people are hilarious. I didn't say in anyway shape or form I condone it or find it funny you absolute "plonker". I said it wasn't worth mentioning as its clearly a young kid who's intention was a little attention... why give it to him. FYI I was stood there and assisted the chairman with the assistance of my "idiot minority" to ensure the culprit was caught and removed. What you are looking for is thank you I believe as I am certain you weren't of any help last night other than the 12 quid you gave to see it unfold. Jesus some people.

11/10/2018 12:27 PM  #19

And rather amusing Yorkie that the person you are agreeing with so vocally was responsible for the only other "Middle Throwing" incident I can recall when attempting to reach the opposition goalkeeper in frustration with his rolled up programme... Papercut warning not attached. Literally hilarious you pal!

11/10/2018 3:47 PM  #20

Unfortunately it’s an issue that has been creeping in to non league football for a few years.
A pre season friendly (Yes PRE SEASON FRIENDLY) between Hastings and Lewes was made an all ticket affair after Hastings fans caused trouble in Lewes town centre, train station and in the ground on two separate occasions. This followed accusations of racist abuse towards a player from Molesey and fans banned for vandalising Faversham’s ground and the use of last nights protagonist, the flare!
Whilst at the time it was frustrating to see that a minority were letting down my home town club, it’s even more worrying to see it happening at a club in the town that I’ve now called home for nearly seven years.
The language used by certain fans at the Torquay game was deplorable and last nights incident has really left a sour taste in the mouth.
What I find more concerning is the reaction of certain individuals on the supporters club Facebook account, who seem to think that throwing a pyrotechnic on to the pitch is amusing!

Board footera