BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

28/8/2018 4:09 PM  #31

Re: Billericay

Kevthebike wrote:

If the choir stop using naughty words does that mean we can expect a gate of 1000+ on Saturday as all of the families staying away because of the bad words will suddenly flock to hardenhuish park, I don't think so, within a few weeks we will be known as the ground with NO atmosphere.

Like a said above, there a a big difference between one individual swearing, where a few people around would maybe hear. To that where it is chanted for all to hear!!
Also its worth pointing out that the chants can be heard from the cricket club and Yewstock Crescent, why should they have to listen to it!!

28/8/2018 4:24 PM  #32

Well I guess we will all just have to wait and see what Saturday brings ay. And yes lets see if the stewards do their job on Saturday and eject ALL who use offensive lanaguage and chant anything deemed remotely offensive!

28/8/2018 7:56 PM  #33

Perhaps the choir should submit a list of their songs for approval and then they'd know which ones they can and can't sing. Some clarification will avoid fans being ejected. Is it just the use of the 'F' word? For instance, the Andy Sandell chant includes the word 'shag.' Is this permissible? Another features the line 'and shoot the City scum.' Then of course there's 'The Sheldon End is full of shit.' 

I look forward to rousing renditions of 'For he's a jolly good fellow and so say all of us.' That'll get the ground rocking.

28/8/2018 8:48 PM  #34

Ive already asked if we coukd have a list of acceptable chants we were told Come on Chippenham was on except could we change "Come on" as its a bit too risque considering two females come to football and thought we were referencing a period joke! Offense was taken and we have decided two fingered clapping is indeed the way forward. Silent reverence of the brilliant football we play will suffice I think.

28/8/2018 9:00 PM  #35

To be fair, they said removed 'if they persist' - so you'll get away with the first lapse into obscenity.
I do wonder though if half the lads behind the goal can string a sentence together without using the f word?

Shagging song I find funny, and the word shag itself relates to a dance or diving bird (itself a potentially offensive reference) Perhaps if you substituted 'ill let you shag WITH my wife' it may indicate  Andy Sandell is simply being permitted to dance with your wife and therefore no offence could be taken.

Want a bare knuckle fight? I'll knock you out you Cnut.

28/8/2018 9:24 PM  #36

Priceless humour TheVoice and Ronnie Pickering.

Both posts made me laugh. 

28/8/2018 9:25 PM  #37

Now thats offensive. Assuming that any of the people behind the goal cannot string sentences together. I feel a complaint coming on.... also after much soul searching that song is retired because we all know shag means we would let him have coitus with our spouses, this is derogatory to most of our make believe wives.

28/8/2018 9:36 PM  #38

It’s regrettable that a post I started prior to the Billericay game has turned into a debate about language on the terraces, especially as the result was such a great one for the club.

I began taking my kids to CTFC matches when they were at primary school. We’ve heard all sorts over the years, but I see it in my role as a parent to teach them good from bad. Throughout life, as well as at football. I accepted a long time ago that they were likely to hear bad things at football, not just when supporting Chip but we also spend a lot of time at Stamford Bridge where some of the conduct of fans and what comes out of their mouths is shocking.

I can see both sides and I respect Neil for making a statement. However what I find slightly hypocritical is that some of the worse language I’ve heard comes out of the players mouths. You can’t ban supporters if they swear if the players get away with it. If there is zero tolerance then this must apply across the board. Whether we like it or not kids will find it more acceptable to use bad language if they hear players who they look up to using it.

My kids are in their twenties now and can swear for England on occasion however I think they know where the boundaries are depending on the environment.

So if Neil is serious about ejecting fans for bad language please apply this to the players also. Otherwise hypocrisy prevails which is a far worse example and precedence to set.

28/8/2018 10:49 PM  #39

Well Said 👏🏻 Agree with Neil comments but this is football not tennis . Can’t fault the passion from fans/players/managers. This will never change !!

29/8/2018 12:08 AM  #40

TheVoice wrote:

This is coming formatively from people who sit on there hands and bemoan the lack of support and atmosphere.

Have a listen up and down the country at supporters chants, players use of language, managers.. it's common place amongst a passionate sport.

I would speak to the players that got a rousing reception and good support Saturday which they would prefer?

It's nothing to do with statements or trying to be the big men it's how we choose to support our team. We being the important word here, it's not one person is it that's what I take exception too in this case.

How we choose to vocalise our supoort is on us, don't like it..I likely won't lose much sleep over it. Like many have highlighted there are so many other places to stand away from the occasionally vocal support but it's highly unlikely it's going to stop when players, managers etc have sought out certain supporters to express how nice it was to hear the home support. And do you know, ironically the language and phrases used never came up!

Still I tell ya something one point thats been made is incredibly valid. We should all value support. But most of the comments about the "nasty chants and naughty language" comes from more negative posters and pessamists who jump on the team in times of trouble quicker than a vagrant on a 10 pound note. Then sit there quietly on a Saturday and continue to moan and bitch about irrelevant matters.

If its how the majority feel as you claim, sing up lets hear you. Come up with your own chants, lets here your support, hell we will even back you with extra voices.

Couldn’t agree more with this mate! Some people know nothing about atmospheres in football grounds and yes, whilst it’s a bad lesson for children, these people with children have to learn that is will happen across all grounds across England and if they don’t like it, then don’t come.

Board footera