BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

26/8/2018 10:48 PM  #21

Re: Billericay

This is coming formatively from people who sit on there hands and bemoan the lack of support and atmosphere.

Have a listen up and down the country at supporters chants, players use of language, managers.. it's common place amongst a passionate sport.

I would speak to the players that got a rousing reception and good support Saturday which they would prefer?

It's nothing to do with statements or trying to be the big men it's how we choose to support our team. We being the important word here, it's not one person is it that's what I take exception too in this case.

How we choose to vocalise our supoort is on us, don't like it..I likely won't lose much sleep over it. Like many have highlighted there are so many other places to stand away from the occasionally vocal support but it's highly unlikely it's going to stop when players, managers etc have sought out certain supporters to express how nice it was to hear the home support. And do you know, ironically the language and phrases used never came up!

Still I tell ya something one point thats been made is incredibly valid. We should all value support. But most of the comments about the "nasty chants and naughty language" comes from more negative posters and pessamists who jump on the team in times of trouble quicker than a vagrant on a 10 pound note. Then sit there quietly on a Saturday and continue to moan and bitch about irrelevant matters.

If its how the majority feel as you claim, sing up lets hear you. Come up with your own chants, lets here your support, hell we will even back you with extra voices.

27/8/2018 11:53 AM  #22

It's pretty simple, if parents are put off bringing their younger kids to see CTFC again because a few people in "the choir" singing cant avoid swearing in those songs, then this is to the detriment to the whole club and its future growth and there is a problem if you can't understand that.

Its a small ground so you can't pretend that not everyone hears them. Yes the players and coaches swear in the heat of the game (which actually a ref can punish with a yellow...) but that's not the same as the choir belting out an F word.

You can sing those songs without those words (that's what used to happen as has been said earlier) and we all know the edit has been made, so its no different in terms of vocal support. The singing probably does encourage the players for sure and some funny stuff was sung spontaneously- which I always love - yesterday, but no need for the F words. 

I've been bringing my sons since primary school days and they have both left school now and still come when home, so doesn't bother me personally anymore, but its a plain fact that it wasn't like this in the past. Sandie Webb when Chair of the club instigated a "zero tolerance to profanity" family friendly policy, with primary school coming in free with a paying adult, for example. Restoring that would be a good idea IMHO to build the crowds and fill the coffers, so we can remain competitive in this league and look for promotion.

Last edited by newfan (27/8/2018 11:54 AM)

27/8/2018 4:39 PM  #23

With reference the choir, the so called bad language in no more than what you can hear in Chippenham high street from the group's of kids any day of the week,

28/8/2018 1:24 PM  #24

Ha this is laughable. Take away the atmosphere that has been so highly praised in its ENTIRETY by the manager and players. The people who matter. Don't worry Mr Chairman and the complainers. You've cut out tongues well and truly out lets hope its compensated for in all those people that chanting and the odd naughty word all coming back and showing truly what a family friendly club we are.

Last edited by TheVoice (28/8/2018 4:20 PM)

28/8/2018 1:53 PM  #25

There is no need for chanting bad language, yes we all swear but a group of 10+ people chanting it is another matter altogether.
So wind your neck in and move on.

28/8/2018 1:55 PM  #26

Heres a song about it. Perhaps we could appropriate the chorus for the next home game..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69aHSMgp3-o

Last edited by Ronnie Pickering (28/8/2018 2:02 PM)

Want a bare knuckle fight? I'll knock you out you Cnut.

28/8/2018 3:00 PM  #27

The chairman is entitled to make a decision on the subject and now he has. Now the choir members need to make a decision. Come to the game and chant without being offensive, don't come to the game depriving the club of the entrance fee , make an appearance at the game but say nothing at all or attend the match being the same as usual and get kicked out. 

28/8/2018 3:09 PM  #28

I'm sure the new restrictions will fuel the creative juices of the choir and it turn out they were all erudite chaps after all.

Want a bare knuckle fight? I'll knock you out you Cnut.

28/8/2018 3:31 PM  #29

If the choir stop using naughty words does that mean we can expect a gate of 1000+ on Saturday as all of the families staying away because of the bad words will suddenly flock to hardenhuish park, I don't think so, within a few weeks we will be known as the ground with NO atmosphere.

28/8/2018 4:06 PM  #30

Simple really, we all are passionate about our club in our own supportive way whatever that might be. Make no mistake we wouldn't be where we are now without out our fantastic chairman who aside from his enormous financial input to produce the great squad we have now,  worked with others giving their time for free during the summer doing various work at the ground. His decision should be respected by all. I have been part of the "choir" on many occasions and know we can create a great fantastic atmosphere to get our boys over the line without the need for offensive swearing. Let's move on and cheer the mighty bluebirds to another great home win on Saturday and all leave the ground the smiles on our faces. Maybe Bluebirds 2006 might be tempted to join the choir. Let's remember we are all as one.

Board footera