BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

24/8/2018 1:10 PM  #1

Billericay

Any predictions for the game tomorrow?

Expecting Compton to be back but probably on the bench.

​Can't see Gunner appearing for the time being. Doesn't make a lot of sense from Bradford's perspective but I believe Mark was honest with them about Callum's game time opportunity...eg very limited.

​Must be hard for him.

​Billericay will be strong as their budget is so high compared to ours. Looking forward to seeing Mr Tamplin as he appears quite a character!

Any points we can get from tomorrow will defintely be a bonus.

Good luck lads!

25/8/2018 12:01 PM  #2

Re: Billericay

It'll be a tough game today and next week against Concord. 1st and 2nd. 

25/8/2018 2:06 PM  #3

Although I think no-one at this stage of the season in this league is really "leading" in the table, I'm hoping for an upset - given the doom and gloom expressed here, I think they might come a bit complacent expecting to come away with 3pts. Last season we often performed better against the "top" sides and under-performed against those we should really have beaten on paper

25/8/2018 2:22 PM  #4

Just setting off for HP. I'm going to stick my neck out with a 2-1 win to the bluebirds. There's not much point in me going if I don't believe the team can win matches.

25/8/2018 5:12 PM  #5

Called it I think! Best side won. Curtis MOTM for his tenacity but Keiran was terrific today too.

newfan wrote:

Although I think no-one at this stage of the season in this league is really "leading" in the table, I'm hoping for an upset - given the doom and gloom expressed here, I think they might come a bit complacent expecting to come away with 3pts. Last season we often performed better against the "top" sides and under-performed against those we should really have beaten on paper

25/8/2018 5:54 PM  #6

Well they were unbeaten.  A superb performance. For me Evans Jones and Parselle were superb.McDonald is always quality along with Richards.   Our shape was spot on.  We matched up to them really well and didn’t give them much.  All round 1-11 plus subs put in a superb performance against a very good side.  Probably one of the best results, since I’ve been watching Chippenham.  Well done Mark,Horgs and the boys. Smiles on faces leaving the ground. We need to follow this up with a result on Monday. 😎

25/8/2018 6:13 PM  #7

Not sure what match "Will on the radio" was watching but he said Will Henry only made a few routine saves :-)
Superb disciplined performance - we were obviously set up to negate their threats and it worked superbly well, and the two quality goals were the icing on the cake.  Top drawer stuff lads.  

25/8/2018 6:34 PM  #8

Excellent result today and it was appropriate that no man of the match was awarded because all who played for the town were superb. Two goals that were contenders for the goal of the season.
The only downside is the increase in profanity from the home choir. At the meet the manager night our chairman made an appeal to the fans to encourage friends to support the club. Over recent years I have had several conversations with people who came to games with their children and vowed not to return due to the bad language. Please don't tell me it's a man's game and to man up. Foul and abusive language is no measure of manliness. Inviting "Simon" to get interested in sex and travel has nothing to do with a football match.

25/8/2018 7:21 PM  #9

Passions of course run high and some bad language is inevitable and indeed acceptable depending on degree and amount. I have followed the town for many years and it is my conclusion that things are getting worse. Indeed the choir used to censor their own songs, we all knew what they meant, we just weren't subject to the offending word. You are not alone in putting money into the the club and I am sure that if asked Neil Blackmore would be delighted to chair a club which was truly a family friendly environment. Perhaps the return of the drum would be preferable.

25/8/2018 7:26 PM  #10

Don't let talk of bad language take anything away from an excellent performance by the Bluebirds. All the talk prior to kick off was how many we were going to let in against this big spending side. The whole team really worked  their socks off and the two goals were of the highest quality. Got to agree with previous post whole team deserved man of the match and that includes the management team as their selection was spot on.

Board footera