BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/8/2012 8:47 PM  #1

friendly v Basingstoke

Lost 0-3. Flattering score for them, we created plenty of chances especially in the first half but couldnt finish them. They on the other hand finished all of theirs. We seem to be worringly leaky at the back especially to crosses with no-one covering the back post. We need the Philips-Griffin combo to gel up front, but its early days. Too many of our crosses went by without anyone on the end. Also,Osman seemed intent on getting his first red card - I hope Rudge has explained to him that its no good him being in the side if he's not available like last season!

12/8/2012 12:33 PM  #2

Re: friendly v Basingstoke

Firstly well done Nathan his language would have passed muster at a vicars tea party.Once again we had things to be positive about but fell away in the second half with several players unable to make a pass to a blue shirt but i am  sure Nathan made them aware in the dressing room afterwards of a need to improve and in a robust manner!. I think Toby should have a word with a certain mr Harvey who is a passed master at explaining to refs where thy have gone wrong and has the cards to prove it.Also perhaps he would like to say how many changed their minds after his petulance and how many 50- 50 balls went his way after that.No Toby you need to use your obviouse skills to show your value to the side on the pitch  and not sat on the bench because you fight battles you cant win with referees.Good to see Ross back and in good form, a top role model in his attitude as well.

13/8/2012 9:50 AM  #3

Re: friendly v Basingstoke

Good performance from us I thought considering we had no Rogers lye and gilroy. Osman helped the side out by starting centre mid but I can't see him there on Saturday if the other two are back. We looked a far better side first half and can't really remember dempsey making a save apart from the 2nd goal. I good a good feeling about this side and if we can tighten up at the back we will be ok . Anyway my place is booked on the coach Saturday

Board footera