BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

21/8/2017 12:15 PM  #11

Re: Saturday - East Thurrock Utd

I thoroughly enjoyed Saturday's game, but why oh why were Dan and Felix not in the starting line up. The Manager stated we had East Thurrock watched, so we must have known about the pace of the
 guy who scored both their goals. All in all though a solid performance from the boys, and their Director's said in the VIP Lounge after the game that we were the most direct side they have played so far this season. Both our next opponents are struggling at the moment, so hopefully two goods results will give us a boost. COYMB

21/8/2017 1:51 PM  #12

You're right Bluemoon and, given enough opportunities, JMW might be the answer.  Time will tell.  A clear week to get any injuries sorted will help. 

21/8/2017 3:10 PM  #13

toyboy wrote:

I thoroughly enjoyed Saturday's game, but why oh why were Dan and Felix not in the starting line up. The Manager stated we had East Thurrock watched, so we must have known about the pace of the
 guy who scored both their goals. All in all though a solid performance from the boys, and their Director's said in the VIP Lounge after the game that we were the most direct side they have played so far this season. Both our next opponents are struggling at the moment, so hopefully two goods results will give us a boost. COYMB

Toyboy, are you suggesting the manager got it wrong?

21/8/2017 3:18 PM  #14

No I'm not suggesting that at all. What I questioned was why Dan and Nuno did not start, when we knew East Thurrock had pace beforehand, which both these guys have got in abundance, and the starting 11 was not set up to deal with it. It was an observation on my part, not suggestion the Manager got it wrong. 

21/8/2017 3:32 PM  #15

I personally thought Guthrie was outstanding 1st half and gave them nothing. Infact it wasnt until Nuno was on the pitch we conceded 2? Neither were his fault but just an observation. Also I dont really remember them running past our fullbacks in the game. It was Richards who was rolled and beaten for the goal. They probably only had 2 shots all game. I think were being picky.

21/8/2017 4:09 PM  #16

Picky, thats Toyboy for you. Has he watched video ?

Board footera