BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

09/8/2017 7:25 AM  #11

Re: Bath City v Chippenham Town.

Speechless....

What a performance by the whole squad including the subs that came on. Once again, we looked solid defensively, with the back four, Jared and Dean Evans looking immense. Going forward we will always cause teams problems. Absolutely amazing lads, done us proud yet again. Fantastic!

09/8/2017 8:44 AM  #12

Well I wasn't expecting that, what a performance from every single man in a Chippenham shirt. They just didn't have an answer to our pace and Dave and Andy just made their defenders night hell. Well done everyone. If you want to laugh at our friends from down the A4 just read their forum, to say the least they're not best pleased. " We're Chippenham old boys and we sing when we want."

09/8/2017 11:14 AM  #13

Brilliant performance.Well done everyone.

09/8/2017 11:15 AM  #14

You would leave it until I left...  All I ever had to get excited about was Mark Hervins step back over the line holding the ball. Even now I refuse to accept he did.

Super result, and apologies to people around me at 9:30pm  when I read the scoreline who must have been thinking, just how can walking out of Asda be so exciting? Im sure that we all recognise we've comprehensivly won a Derby and not the Champions league, and that really we shouldnt be laughing at a set of fans, who have been so generous in defeat if you read thier forum fully.

A little respect? - I must be getting old.

10/8/2017 10:00 AM  #15

This was the best performance of a Chippenham side ive seen. Individuality all players were outstanding and as a team they all worked for each other.
Reading Gary Owers (Bath manager) thoughts after the game was interesting and icing on the cake. Spoke very highly of us and even said it was an injustice we didn't score 8 or 9 (which I can only agree on).
Also Baths forum is full of praise for us. Even though they are very critical of there own players some said we wernt only outstanding but the best team theyve came up against even during last season.
Our support was also outstanding. I would have thought we had 300 or more at the game. Lots of new faces and hopefully not only does this result encourage them to return but also for people to see the result in the paper or somewhere and want to come watch us. I think teams in this league have stood up and taken notice of this result and performance.
Another note was Bath have always been seen as the big non-league club in the area. Maybe ex pros and clubs like Bristol city and Rovers, Swindon ect may start looking to us instead of Bath?
Big game Saturday which they all are. Any sort of result and come into Poole at home looking good. Hopefully another decent crowd oj Tuesday. Ill be delighted with anything over 500 on a Tuesday night.

Board footera