BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

06/8/2017 4:08 PM  #11

Re: Chippenham Town v Havant & Waterlooville.

Good opening performance at this higher level , don't think our new keeper was troubled that much and it seemed strange that H & W didn't bring Tubbs on to test him. We should have won this game and would have except for the very poor performance from both the ref and his assistants. Sands and Pratty both had clear penalty decisions not given, at one time Dave looked like he was being strangled in the box. We did however pick up some unnecessary bookings. So well done to Mark and the team. Just one question, where was Baggridge ? " We're Chippenham old boys and we sing when we want."

06/8/2017 5:35 PM  #12

Baggeridge was one in stand with Allen Cooper Obrien.

06/8/2017 7:08 PM  #13

You serious, our keeper had one shot to save.

06/8/2017 9:58 PM  #14

stratford wrote:

Blackpool Bluebird. That is the worst comment Ive read on this forum. Looked good on the warm up and half time. So he can kick a ball and do a few tricks and do kick ups. He'll get his chance. Not sure anyone deserved to be taken off yesterday. Wasnt worth risking all for nothing 1st game of the season.

I've got a lot worse than that 

He was itching to go is what I meant. I think we could have won the game with him in the side. 

07/8/2017 7:29 AM  #15

Great game, I thought H&W were strong and organised. We matched the physical aspect and dominated the game with them having 1 shot. Great performance by everyone, roll on tomorrow.

07/8/2017 8:31 PM  #16

Mike Tanner wrote:

I don't think many will agree with me but personally I think the result was down to both goalies.
But, twice there was a call for a penalty on Dave Pratt but not given (rightly or wrongly) by the ref so maybe he was unfair to us, who knows.
Mike

No, the referee wasn't been unfair. He was doing what he does with every incident: considering the various options and then giving his decision.

Board footera