BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

09/7/2017 10:24 PM  #1

Matt tubbs

Looks like we'll be up against him opening day, didn't know he signed for havent and waterlooville, there's a player we could do with, would've meant breaking the bank for.

Last edited by Bluemoon (09/7/2017 10:26 PM)

Get you some of that

10/7/2017 5:34 AM  #2

Re: Matt tubbs

Bluemoon - Wait until you see Scott Donelley - watched him during a training game on Saturday - looks awesome and probably 10 years younger than Tubbsy

10/7/2017 8:15 AM  #3

At the risk of it coming and biting me in the ass. If Chippenham had been offered Tubbs I wouldn't have paid his wages. His game over the last few years has changed and his decline through the leagues is justified imo. Watched him a lot at Portsmouth. Slow, lazy and couldn't believe the career he's had based on I had those same opinions when he was at Salisbury. Scott Donelly on the other hand is class! Much better signing. Havant would not have wanted to lose him. Lee Bradbury has a strong squad down south and trust me Scott was one of the better.

10/7/2017 7:28 PM  #4

Yeap, from what people have said. Scott sounds a very, very good signing. I'm sure he's one that will give Mark and Tom a different option, and they will look to get a lot from him, he's  someone who they will look to play every week. I'm sure we'll get to have a look at Scott at Frome on Saturday.  Plus all the new lads from Weymouth. And maybe a couple of mystery guests.?? 😎

10/7/2017 7:48 PM  #5

Glad you are looking forward to it 😎,Donnelly looks to be a great signing.

10/7/2017 8:07 PM  #6

I'm away at the moment Regi. but the wi fi is great in Croatia.  I'll be back for Saturday. 😎

10/7/2017 10:42 PM  #7

That's good to hear about Scott donnelly, can't wait to see the new players fit in.

Get you some of that

11/7/2017 5:43 AM  #8

I know I only watched the trial game last Saturday for about 15 minutes or so, but Scott Donnelly seemed to slot in perfectly into the midfield, and will clearly be the engine room in that part of the team. His passing has to be admired as he was picking out guys from 30-40 yards with passes for them to run on to. When you consider he has not played with our squad speaks volumes for his quality. Apparently recommended by Sands to the management. He played with Scott at Newport County. Overall the squad does look strong, and clearly every player has looked after himself during the close season. Our pace on the break looks phenominal, and I think this is wjere we will catch teams out this coming season

11/7/2017 9:49 PM  #9

toyboy wrote:

I know I only watched the trial game last Saturday for about 15 minutes or so, but Scott Donnelly seemed to slot in perfectly into the midfield, and will clearly be the engine room in that part of the team. His passing has to be admired as he was picking out guys from 30-40 yards with passes for them to run on to. When you consider he has not played with our squad speaks volumes for his quality. Apparently recommended by Sands to the management. He played with Scott at Newport County. Overall the squad does look strong, and clearly every player has looked after himself during the close season. Our pace on the break looks phenominal, and I think this is wjere we will catch teams out this coming season

Who will make way for him do you think.

Get you some of that

12/7/2017 5:38 AM  #10

That is a difficult one to answer Bluemoon. Certainly Smithy looked good in the trial game I watched, and linked up well with Donnelly. Fergie played in a slightly different role than we are used to seeing him. So I'm going to chicken out here. I think it's a case of wait and see. Looking forward very much to the game at Frome on Saturday. Called into the ground on the way into work earlier this morning, and the overnight rain has done the pitch a world of good. I understand Eastleigh have massive problems with their newly re-laid pitch, and have had games cancelled - does not bode well for the new season for them I feel.

Board footera