BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

04/3/2012 12:47 PM  #1

"Only The Best"

We had a party for my wife's 60th birthday last night. I don't normally like dancing and I had a good excuse not to last night - having two crutches to hold me up after a hip-op two weeks ago.

However, I couldn't resist (dare not miss) the chance to get up for the last song "Only The Best". It will forever be my favourite song after we used it so much during our Wembley dream season in 1999/2000.

Memories???

Peter K Farrell

07/3/2012 2:53 PM  #2

Re: "Only The Best"

Could you be talking about 'simply the best' ? - Odd that, if a certain manager talks about that period, it's history.
Nice to see the older generation getting into Hip-Hop though.

Lets Make The Magic Happen..

07/3/2012 3:00 PM  #3

No doubt it is "Simply The Best". Thanks for that.

I'm 65 in June so do I have an excuse?

Peter K Farrell

10/3/2012 9:57 AM  #4

Thanks , but the whole point was that "Simply The Best" was THE song played on the trips etc on the way to Wembley.

I may have also gone on the dance floor for "You'll Never Walk Alone" (if it had been played) but without the Liverpool FC connotations - although that song will forever be a favourite as a memory from my days on the old
Kop in the 60s, although, as I grew up, I learned to think less and less about that club!!

Peter K Farrell

Board footera