BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

21/1/2017 11:31 PM  #11

Re: V Slough Town Away.

Great result today and we are well on course for the promotion push. Well done lads, keep it up.

Poor officiating is a recurring thing in the Southern Premier League and probably non league in general. Until the FA get a grip on the people who get paid to make decisions things will not change. The FA referee assessors should turn up unannounced at a game, do their thing and only after the game let the match officials know they have been assessed. If there is a chance an assessor is in attendance at every game we will see better officiating.

22/1/2017 10:36 AM  #12

Great result, standing second in the league and although some of the teams around us have games in hand. I always say points on the board are better than the prospect of points, You never know what can go wrong. Come on lads keep this great run going lets not have a February like last year.

22/1/2017 11:09 AM  #13

Watched Park pull off a shock win but heart mind and phone at Slough. Good following of fans I understand. Well done everybody.

23/1/2017 9:09 AM  #14

In my view that was arguably our best performance of the season, even eclipsing the stunning 4-1 away win at Weymouth earlier in the season. The whole team put in a shift and a half on Saturday and got their just reward. Even a few of the Slough Town fans that I spoke to after the game said we are the best side they have played this season, which speaks volumes on how we have progressed as a side this season. The lads are certainly carrying out what is says on their shirts - 'Pride and Passion', because that is exactly what the whole squad did on Saturday, and all of them are a credit to our wonderful football club. You only had to witness Mark and Tom's reaction when the ref finally blew the whistle to see what this result meant to the boy's. I wish I could pick out a MOTM from Saturday's game, but it would be unjust to do so because everyone played their part in a magnificent team effort. It was great to see Joe McLennan back in the fold and come on and terrorise the Slough defense like he did. Once he is fully fit he will be phenominal with Pratty and Sands - what a forward line that will be. We have another hard and important game this Saturday against Dorchester, and if we can continue the form from the Slough game, then look out the rest of the SPL - Come on you Might Blues

23/1/2017 7:38 PM  #15

What's really upsetting is if we would have lost this game this thread would have had 4 pages of everyone moaning saying the title chances are over. Do some people only post when we lose? Come on support this terrific run of form. 10 games unbeaten including 6 of the top 10. And Kings Lynn and Weymouth. Praise aswell please.

23/1/2017 9:37 PM  #16

stratford wrote:

What's really upsetting is if we would have lost this game this thread would have had 4 pages of everyone moaning saying the title chances are over. Do some people only post when we lose? Come on support this terrific run of form. 10 games unbeaten including 6 of the top 10. And Kings Lynn and Weymouth. Praise aswell please.

Spot on!!!! I couldn't go this week due to work reasons, but seems like I missed a cracker. Great result, great squad, players and staff. Looking forward to Saturday.

23/1/2017 9:55 PM  #17

stratford wrote:

What's really upsetting is if we would have lost this game this thread would have had 4 pages of everyone moaning saying the title chances are over.

I think the main protagonists have posted praise. - Had we have lost the same protagonists would have posted 2 pages of criticism with another two of us arguing about it.

I imagine if we win and one person says we were crap we'd get 4 pages.

Man saves cat from tree - 1 headline.

Man drags cat from tree and kills it - 4 pages.

23/1/2017 10:32 PM  #18

There is just one little point I would like to make on this and that's having been to quite a few away games this season, we have had our best performances away (Saturday at slough and Weymouth stick out) less of our fans see these games to comment on. It's hard to tell someone who saw frome at home on Jan 2nd just how brilliant we were on Saturday.

23/1/2017 10:33 PM  #19

Black sheep wrote:

Totally agree with Stratford. We were awesome today. I think Pratty is still running down the M4. But everyone put in a real good shift today. Pleasure to watch all 105 minutes. Where did the ref get all that injury time?

Club is flat since Griff left # Whathaschanged

23/1/2017 10:52 PM  #20

Who's knows? Seasons always have turning points, maybe the belief came back after beating Weymouth with 10 men. I'm just glad it did come back.

Board footera