BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

06/3/2012 12:52 AM  #1

Football Focus Magazine Article

Hi

I had some of my pictures published in Issue 23 of the Football Focus Magazine Article, the write up was provided by Sandie Webb.

http://www.sportip.biz/FootballFocusPHPSite/FootballMags/latestMag/latestMag.html

And go to Pages 62 – 63 64 – 65

Richard

06/3/2012 10:49 AM  #2

Re: Football Focus Magazine Article

For supporters, and 'others' who criticise the club, reading this piece will tell you all about the aims of the club. Very interesting, even for me who has never wavered in my support of the board!

Peter K Farrell

06/3/2012 2:14 PM  #3

Good article, though I'm pretty sure we weren't the last team to play at Wembley...

06/3/2012 2:54 PM  #4

Chipp, and of course Deal Town, were certainly the last FA Vase teams to play at the old Wembley! And, blowing, my own trumpet - I was scout for Chipp for the run to that 'last' Vase final and also scout for Truro City for their run when they took part in the first Vase final at the new Wembley!

Peter K Farrell

06/3/2012 7:03 PM  #5

CHippenham Town and Deal Town were the last 2 non league teams to play at the old Wembley.    England V Germany. England lost 0-1 was the last game to be played.  we were playing at Welton Rovers that day and won 1-0

FROM WIKI

Last matches
On 20 May 2000 the last FA Cup final to be played at the old Wembley saw Chelsea defeat Aston Villa with the only goal scored by Roberto Di Matteo.[27] The last club match the was 2000 First Division play-off final on 29 May between Ipswich Town and Barnsley, a 4-2 win resulting in promotion to the Premier League for Ipswich.[28] The last international match was on 7 October in Kevin Keegan's last game as England manager. England were beaten 0-1 by Germany, with Dietmar Hamann scoring the last goal at Wembley. On that day Tony Adams made his 60th Wembley appearance, a record for any player.[29] Adams also claimed England's final goal at the stadium, having scored in the previous home fixture against Ukraine on 31 May.[30]

Last edited by sn15 blue (06/3/2012 7:04 PM)

Board footera