BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

16/6/2016 3:32 PM  #1

Dave's Funeral Service

Dave's funeral service will take place on Monday 27th June at 12.30pm at Sutton Benger Church and afterwards at Chippenham Town Football Club.

16/6/2016 4:36 PM  #2

Re: Dave's Funeral Service

Many thanks indeed for Dave's funeral details Pete. Let's hope as many CTFC supporter's as possible can make his funeral and give him a proper Bluebirds sent off. If anyone needs a lift on the day, I will have 3 spare seats. I'll be working at the club in the morning that day, so after a quick brush up, will plan to leave say 11.30am from the ground if anyone just want's to turn up and cadge a lift.

16/6/2016 5:22 PM  #3

Sadly we will be unable to go to Daves funeral. Our thoughts will be with his family and his many friends on the day
Sandie and Doug Webb

17/6/2016 8:22 AM  #4

Me and a mate from Old Rd will be there

22/6/2016 3:59 PM  #5

Sadly I am out of the country on the 27th and can't be there but Dave's family and friends will be in my thoughts.

Dave Lemon

27/6/2016 4:57 PM  #6

Excellent turn out, standing room only in the church.  A great tribute to a lovely fella. Not sure who is responsible for the match-day programmes these days but it occurred to me that maybe there could be a tribute and photograph in the first home game programme of the new season?  A lot of supporters would know Dave by sight but not necessarily know his name.  Just a thought.

27/6/2016 5:46 PM  #7

Amazing turn out at the church and back at the club house. He would have loved it

27/6/2016 6:39 PM  #8

A great turn out today, wonderful send off for a loverly man, now we need to think of a way of remembering Dave in the true spitit of CTFC - how about naming the stand where he stood for many a year the Dave Johnson terrace?

28/6/2016 9:20 AM  #9

Agree  it was a great turn out, and with reference to a tribute and picture of Dave in the first programme would be good, as said earlier, a lot of supporters would recognise Dave, but not know his name. RIP Dave.

13/7/2016 1:32 PM  #10

Insideleft wrote:

Excellent turn out, standing room only in the church.  A great tribute to a lovely fella. Not sure who is responsible for the match-day programmes these days but it occurred to me that maybe there could be a tribute and photograph in the first home game programme of the new season?  A lot of supporters would know Dave by sight but not necessarily know his name.  Just a thought.

Brilliant idea  - I was very sorry to have been away and was therefore unable to pay my respects. Maybe a collection could be arranged in his name for some worthy or related cause in recognition of the funds he collected for the club?

Board footera