BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

17/3/2012 6:39 PM  #1

chippenham lost 1-0

and 1 player sent off.

Not happy days.

17/3/2012 8:43 PM  #2

Re: chippenham lost 1-0

Play-off's a pipe dream.  The club has to look to next season now - and start making some radical plans.  See you in August.

17/3/2012 9:02 PM  #3

Sad to say it but I think its time for a brave decision to be made.

17/3/2012 9:45 PM  #4

That was no improvement on the Cirencester game, same tactics that didn`t work. Griff was dealt with throughout the game with two defenders always on his shoulder and when the ball did get to him he failed to see Ross Stearn in a great position with acres of space on the wing. Gilly looked predictable, did we have a midfield on the pitch apart from Ross and Gus? A very poor display that pretty much rules us out of the play-offs.

Best player on the pitch today was their number 9, Zak Burke a quality player.

I must admit to looking forward to this season but I have already started dreaming of glory in 2012/13 in mid March.

Less of politics, every dog has it`s day....J Lydon

18/3/2012 1:03 AM  #5

we had some good chances to win the match today, but same thing happens - chances not being put away.
We are missing lewis up front to partner Griff. New boy wicks looks sharp, great to hear he came from our under 18's. I think ross was not used enough today, as he was not passed to when in good position, well lm affraid, there is nothing left this season, not even a play off place to go for now, just try and finish as high as we can. l think big changes will happen before next season.

18/3/2012 2:56 PM  #6

The game hinged on the penalty miss on half time if that goes in we would have gone on to win the game, as ive said before getting the first goal is massive,we didnt get going in the second half, no prolonged spells of pressure, they looked comfortable at the back,we need to impose our selves on to the oppostion more, then maybe the breaks will come.We need a miracle now, it needs to start tuesday where all down but not out.

18/3/2012 10:47 PM  #7

Agree to some extent that the game hinged on the penalty but if Ross's cross/shot had been met by Griff - no criticism implied - we would already have been one up. Generally I thought we did OK first half and held our own against a hard working Hitchin. For the first 10 mins of the second half we had further several chances to score but after they did, we seemed to lose it a bit. Can't necessaqrily agree with Griff/Ross point cos several times, late on, he did find him. I think recent games have highlighted that if the defence play Griff out of the game we are short on someone who can score. Gilly runs about well and puts in the effort but we need someone more solid to shake up the defences. Still not sure about Guthers. Runs his heart out but the final ball is a bit iffy!  Still not out of it but the weight challenged lady is clearing her throat.

19/3/2012 9:19 AM  #8

Our saving grace is the points we racked up before New Year. Not so long Tiverton entered this rut from a top ten position and one of our esteemed commentators said 'They're in freefall - watch them go down' and they did. Thankfully for us, I think we have too many points, although a mere 7 less would make things look a lot worse. Someone said recently 'The table doesn't lie' in response to the Redditch taunts - well I'm afraid it does. We've got to take those chances lads.

Lets Make The Magic Happen..

19/3/2012 12:59 PM  #9

I didn't see the game the same way. One of the worst performances I have ever sat through and nearly left before the end for the first time ever at HP.

You could hear Hitchin players had their tactics set up around Griffin from their shouts - always had minimum of 2 players around him to either win the ball or pick-up the second ball, yet we continued to pump the ball up to him. As usual he worked hard to win it but he must get tired with doing this... probably why he missed the pen! Harvey and Lye were too deep throughout the game and consequently we didn't pick up any loose balls in central midfield. We didnt pass wide to Stern and Guthrie enough which is where our main creativity comes from. The players also seem to be arguing amongst themselves very often which doesnt bode well and seems to mean the great team spirit we saw after the ineligible player problem has now gone.

And then Osman warms up stretching on the sidelines for the whole of the second half and sits down just before the end. The only sub we made was the youth player who did well enough, but was hardly going to change the game enough to win it or even grab a home draw. Why not put some fresh legs on when we are 0-1 down, or change the tactics even slightly? Nothing at all from the bench that I could see who seemed to give the game up as a lost cause. I must assume whatever players we had as options for subs were not really fit and/or being saved for the Tues away game at Hemel?

As for Mani's red card it didn't look that way to me, no worse than other tackles on the day some of which didn't even get a yellow (Hitchin no.2 on Guthrie for example) Very hard done by and he had a decent game I thought otherwise.

Board footera