BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

17/3/2019 11:48 PM  #1

The pitch

Not a regular at all but attended the St Albans game on Saturday and noticed that your pitch was particular poor for the standard of the league. I know a few other clubs (Hungerford especially) also have poor pitches but wondering is this a long term problem or something just for this season? I saw that at times you looked to play it but really struggled as did St Albans resulting in a pretty poor game (yes the wind didn’t help).

19/3/2019 4:09 PM  #2

Re: The pitch

Why not disband Park? 
Lot of pitches are in use at Stanley Park at weekends and the best ones are used by Swindon so they're might not be a pitch available...

21/3/2019 12:28 AM  #3

Corner flag, have you any idea why chippenhak park is there, how do you think Chippenham can develope players with out stepping stones, every team has a development program and this is ours, perhaps you should watch the u18 and 19 and see the good work going on behind the scenes.

21/3/2019 3:03 PM  #4

Yes I do but in the years Park have been going how many players have consistently played or featured in the first team/match day squad. The idea of developing your own players in an admirable one and one I fully support but given the gap between Screwfix football and the level we're at is it really the best use of the club's resources, we're chasing players will professional clubs not Screwfix players any more. 

You're right the U19s are a good watch and maybe one of them will break through, fingers crossed they will and prove me wrong. 

21/3/2019 11:58 PM  #5

At least 5 boys from park have signed for the town, and they play for magotsfield as well so another step up the ladders, you never know there could be financial gain in the future for the club from the accadamy players.

29/3/2019 11:01 AM  #6

In support of Blindings comment, just seen that an academy player has signed for the Bluebirds, so the progression is there if they work hard and have the tallent.

Board footera