BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

03/3/2019 12:19 PM  #11

Re: This weekend

I agree with "In the box" re Compton's omission. How can he go from man of the match at Weston to sitting out the game yesterday! Surely he was worth being on as a substitute especially when Karnell and Co were getting nowhere against the Oxford defence.
As for Jarvis taking the penalty when we and the team know that Smile is the designated taker. In my opinion he should be disciplined because if we had scored then it would have made for an entirely different game.
Also agree that the playing surface is awful but then the same goes for both sides. We have just got to live with it til next season and hope that fewer games are played on it!!

03/3/2019 2:13 PM  #12

Some interesting posts reflecting on yesterdays game. I do think we would have gone on to win if the penalty had gone in (Smile should have taken it, I thought Jarvis was out of order whether he scored it or not). 
Big opportunity missed yesterday, incredibly the top 11 sides all played and nobody won! I imagine that's a very unusual statistic in any league.

03/3/2019 2:25 PM  #13

Agree with edenmcc regarding the pitch. The U18’s shouldn’t be anywhere near it.  Perfectly good floodlit 3G at Stanley Park.

04/3/2019 9:58 PM  #14

Sounds like Jarvis got a ticking off having listened to Collier's post-match interview. I do agree with posts above that had we gone 1-0 up with that penalty the game might well have gone differently. Of course we don't know if Josh Smile would have scored, but as Mark said, if Jarvis is going to demand to take the kick to keep his Golden Boot hopes alive against normal team orders he has to score.

A result away at top of the table Woking next weekend would be the correct response... stranger things have happened, but if they had us watched on Saturday they won't be worried.

Board footera