BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

07/12/2018 3:35 PM  #1

Hungerford

Tricky one tomorrow as our record against Hungerford isn't the best. On paper we shouldn't have any problem turning over a team at the lower end of the table but our FA Trophy games and the match against W.S.M. show that nothing can be taken for granted. We need to show the same sort of form as we did against Wealdstone or this could turn out to be the start of a long winter like last year. Everyone needs to be firing on all cylinders and we need to have a plan B which we seemed to lack against Weston. Hope Curtis is back to keep it tight at the back.

07/12/2018 6:42 PM  #2

Re: Hungerford

Not really a regular for us, bit part player.

07/12/2018 9:04 PM  #3

Would say a little more than bit part. To deny that would be foolish. Good player, a match winner on his day, let's hope he isn't fuelled by people playing down his part in that side as inspiration to do a job. He will have good intel on our strengths. Very knowledgeable footballing bunch the Jones'. That being said confident for a return to winning ways tomorrow. Going for a solid 3-1 to Chippenham to eradicate the Weston blues

07/12/2018 9:30 PM  #4

Take a point

08/12/2018 12:45 AM  #5

Sadly football is cruel. A shite result Saturday last means 1 point from a potential 6 against those two opponents can only be constituted as a small failure for me. Tougher games to come over the festive period. Three is a must tomorrow to set the right tone. I don't however think this is unachievable against Hungerford if we play to our strengths as opposed to theirs.

08/12/2018 11:35 AM  #6

All games are important but we really need something from this one to get back on track. My confidence before the Weston game was misplaced as it turned out, but I am going to predict a win again today! Can't imagine we can defend so poorly again.

08/12/2018 12:54 PM  #7

We’ll be ok today. Good luck to Mark Horgs and the lads. 😎

08/12/2018 4:33 PM  #8

Chip 1-1 Jarvis and Evans 2 yellows so another sending off, up against it now with 15 mins to go. 
FT  lost 2-1 concede in the 92nd minute.

How do we expect to win when in a winning position, get a player sent off and then lose, disappointing.

No plan B again.

Last edited by inthebox (08/12/2018 6:06 PM)

08/12/2018 6:04 PM  #9

How about we try and keep 11 on the pitch... lost 2-1 at the death

08/12/2018 6:11 PM  #10

" Winter is coming"

Board footera